I got 15 LOYAL subs (from a 40 sub channel) in 2 days

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
As we speak, I am at 58. I was at 42 two days ago.

This isn't clickbait or sub for sub is what I should say. I've started trying a different approach of promoting my content. And you better be ready for this super original name.

Critique 4 Critique. Yes, I realize this thing has kinda been around for a while, but I've tried a different approach to it. Instead of just posting it somewhere, I directly DM people with it (on discord). Yes, I do this respectfully, and appropriately, and only in servers that allow it. Here's the ad I send people:

Hey! Would you like to check out my video, and I'll check out yours? This is not Sub 4 Sub, if you want to ignore me that's fine. If you choose to watch it, you don't have to subscribe, or do anything. Same goes for me! Only do those things if you like it! I'll also critique you on it. (my video link)

Most people respond, and most people do critique back, and not just accept it and move on, even though I don't ask them to! 1/4 people subscribe, and I subscribe to 1/4 people.

It's absolutely awesome, and I have never heard a complaint from it.

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
This is a really good idea!
This only really works if you are willing to give valid criticism. I'm sure you are, I'm just saying that for anyone who wants to learn from what you are doing. The trick is you are giving them something of value and they are giving you something of value in return, but through that connection they are also getting exposed to your content and liking it enough to sub even though you told them they don't have to. Even if they don't sub they can give you feedback that you had not yet considered. Awesome idea!

Reactions: OntheWrist

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
This is a really good idea!
This only really works if you are willing to give valid criticism. I'm sure you are, I'm just saying that for anyone who wants to learn from what you are doing. The trick is you are giving them something of value and they are giving you something of value in return, but through that connection they are also getting exposed to your content and liking it enough to sub even though you told them they don't have to. Even if they don't sub they can give you feedback that you had not yet considered. Awesome idea!
YES thank you for pointing that out. I always (unless it's 15+ minutes) watch the video all the way through, and then give valid, good, criticism.