I found 3 Channels that Stole/ Re-upload my videos on their channel

ra2havoc

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I found 3 channels that re-upload between 30 to 100 videos of mine to their channel without permission.

I make gaming/ gameplay content and these 3 channels has taken my videos and use it as their own. All the content on their channel is of mine.

This is my channel: /user/redalert2havoc

and these are the offending channels:
/channel/UC3eotBnjS331DKZM9mtdjFQ
/channel/UCVTdYOQDaJtEEyTHDVVpCMg
/channel/UClvSjde-vwfvbiXVhVo0WSw

You may notice that they re-upload my videos all within 2 days on their channels, they used the same title and some of the video description as mine as well. Some of their video lengths are different from mine but that is because they repeat some of the videos to extend the length. Their channels only displays their name and uploads and nothing else. They look like bot channels to me.

I have already flag these channels as Impersonation, however the impersonation is not fully accurate to my problem, these channels didn't use my name or channel layout or pretended to be me, but all their videos have been stolen from me and re-uploaded to their channel.

I'm not saying you can't make your own gameplay videos of these games, however these are my videos that are being re-uploaded without permission.

Should I issue copyright takedown notices on their videos? Since they have about 100 videos each of mine, it's gonna take a long time to issue the copyright claims. Is there a quicker way to report and shut down these channels for stolen content?

Any advice would be welcomed,
Thanks.

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
you *should* be able to file a strike for reuploading your content.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Issue several DMCA takedown notices - it was 3 copyright strikes before for closing a channel, but YouTube changed this recently to more (I don't know what is the exact number currently). Still when you issue many takedown notices, YouTube will eventually close the channels. First try 5, then 8, then 10 notices until you find how many works for these types of channels.

ra2havoc

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just emailed youtube help/partner support about my issue, so I'm waiting for a reply, hopefully by tomorrow.

I haven't issue any copyright takedown notices yet as it is gonna take ages to issue about 30 to 100 notices for each of the offending channels.

Hoping youtube support will read my email and help me take down these channels for re-uploading/stealing my videos, if not I will have to start issuing copyright takedown notices.

NoirAscii

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Maybe as a just in case measure, put a watermark on your videos in the corner, then it should deter them from doing it.

But yeah, that really sucks, hopefully they get what they deserve.

ra2havoc

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Update:
Youtube support still hasn't replied to my emails, even though I've sent them another one yesterday and a third one today.

So i decided to start issuing copyright takedown notices for the 3 channels.
I submitted 110 violations on the copyright infringement form for 48 of my videos, and this isn't all my videos that was stolen/re-uploaded, just all the main ones.

Now, i'll have to wait and see what happens.[DOUBLEPOST=1500153185,1500145007][/DOUBLEPOST]Excellent news,:)

Youtube had terminated the 3 offending channels, after I issued another 100 or so infringement notices for 35 more of my videos (took me hours).

The emails started pouring in, indicating 10 offences/videos were being removed at a time/per email. In total there had been 40 emails of my submissions and the confirmation of removal of videos.

Case Close.
Thanks for reading. :happy:

Last edited:

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all congratulations. You made it. But seriously good luck. It sucks when you see hard work stolen.