I feel stuck. How do you combat stagnated growth?

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey Everybody! Right now I'm feeling a little lost and could use some help. We are a new channel and I feel that our content is getting better. Our videos are getting a solid amount of views, which is great! But we haven't gained any subscribers in a little bit which is disheartening. So I am asking you guys; What do you do to keep the growth flowing? Any and all opinions are welcome!
Thanks guys!

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Going by your channel, you have no social media pages? These are really important to have, because if used correctly, they can act as another source for your audience or potential audience to reach you. Make sure to make at the least a Twitter page, and maybe a Facebook page.

Using them correctly means just don't plop your videos on there, connect with other content creators and tweet/post other revelant info, if people see a page of tweets about your thoughts, opinions, things on recent events, etc. they'll be more inclined to take a look, where as a wall of videos doesn't look good.

Also try connecting on YouTube itself, commenting on other videos, collaborating with content creators like you, etc.

And of course, make sure to check out the many guides on here, some from YouTubers who made it. :D

SharSjar

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't give you tips really to grow, as I'm rather new myself. But my guru told me to look for groups on facebook to gain some popularity. Build 100 dollars here and get VIP so you can promote your stuff.

But one thing I have noticed is that your audio is very soft. Like me for example, I just woke up and don't feel like raising the volume.

BUT! You have some HQ stuff on your channel so that is epic.

Reactions: Altairsfriend

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
*WARNING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM*

Your videos are nice, but a bit of a boost in your microphone so you can be better heard will be good(as on some of your videos you can barely be heard and as well as the joystick clicks are louder than your voice which should not be the case)

A good way to get subscribers is to constantly improve your content and to advertise it on social media as well(be it facebook, reedit, twitter or forums)
As well as make engaging jokes and sketches, something unique for your channel so to say.
Make good thumbnails for your videos as well as get a good channel art and profile picture for your YouTube channel(As currently your channel art is a bit irrelevant and not saying what your channel is about, same with the profile picture)
Gameplay channels are a bit challenged as well, due to the fact that there are so many gameplay content creators out there, it can be a bit hard to get a subscriber base for such stuff.

Hope this helps.

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you are getting a good amount of views I am sure subscribers will arrive eventually. If you still find that you aren't growing much after a few months switch up your content or change something up in your videos like commentary style

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Criticism here too. You're making let's plays about very specific and narrow areas, there also aren't enough videos yet. I'm sure you can make more. But you have to ask yourself what about my video can bring in and keep a large audience?

SharSjar

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I planned ahead, before I posted my first video I already had my logo, banner, intro and social media set up. But it's perfectly okay to just start and progress! I'm just a very difficult person! Haha.

Maybe it's even more fun to just start so that your watchers can see you grow!

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks everyone
for the tips! Things like logos and banners are bit of a work progress eight now, as is social media. We will continue to improve on the technical side of things as well. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
It does, a channel must be appealing to a potential Subscriber if they are gonna push that button.