I don't know how to get more subs. Please help!!

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
Are you sharing your videos anywhere? I'm into hiking and trail running and over the years I've become a members of various message boards and Facebook groups. I share my videos with groups when it's appropriate to that topic. I find it gets me decent traffic. Also make sure to enter pertinent keywords to help my videos come up in searches.

In general my philosphy is to share my videos on various social media platforms when appropriate but not too excess so that people get sick of me. I try to spread 'em out and non inundate people. I've gotten about 70 subs since August using this strategy.

Of course YMMV and different genres of videos have different options in terms of when/where to share. Good luck!

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to the forum. YouTube is not what it was 10 years ago, starting & growing a channel now is extremely difficult & slow. It's a good idea to have a channel topic of high passion, it will help you keep going even with extremely slow progress. Btw you can put channel link under name(age) as seen under mine to the LEFT of this msg - read my signature on HOW TO below this msg

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just some off-the-cuff thoughts.

1) You've only released TWELVE videos. Don't even think about subs until you've released your first 100 videos. By then, you should have hopefully found your unique voice.
2) You need to up your release schedule to at least twice a week. That's the minimum that the YouTube algorithm likes.
3) Find a niche. "Tech" is too broad of a topic.
4) Once you've found your niche, subscribe to and be an active member of the appropriate Facebook and Reddit groups. Don't spam them. Really participate. Only promote a video when it is on topic for a thread.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just some off-the-cuff thoughts.

1) You've only released TWELVE videos. Don't even think about subs until you've released your first 100 videos. By then, you should have hopefully found your unique voice.
2) You need to up your release schedule to at least twice a week. That's the minimum that the YouTube algorithm likes.
3) Find a niche. "Tech" is too broad of a topic.
4) Once you've found your niche, subscribe to and be an active member of the appropriate Facebook and Reddit groups. Don't spam them. Really participate. Only promote a video when it is on topic for a thread.
excellent advice! I will add too, Twitter seems to help, but I am generally active on the platform, not just promoting my stuff. Some of my better video results seemed to have spawned from Twitter.

Reactions: Jack Decker