I am really confused

yvkyt

Reaction score
I have a YouTube channel about coding, which I have been running for about 6 months now. However, as I failed to do well with having obtained just 208 subs with 40+ videos, I wanted to switch stategy.

I want to post videos about the same topic - coding, but instead of tutorials I want to make funny coding content like YouTubers like Dani and Samuel Miller. I also want to change the name and logo of the channel.

I haven't posted on my current channel for about 2 months now, so I guess with that low a sub count, the channel is pretty much dead already. So, I wanted to know that since I want to change the name of the channel should I create a new channel or just make my older videos private and continue to post new videos on my current channel ? Any help would help a ton.

Reactions: JayZippo

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
...you got 208 subscribers from 40 videos in 6 months...and you think thats LOW!? xD my friend, In my first 12 months on youtube I scored 88 subscribers from 60 videos. I've been doing this now for coming up to 5 years. making on average about 55-60 videos a year. it's a marathon, not a sprint. your doing fine.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I started youtubing with game videos, then at around 60 subs changed channel name & logo to videography topic. Left a few old videos public just for memory. All is up to you.

Reactions: JayZippo

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a YouTube channel about coding, which I have been running for about 6 months now. However, as I failed to do well with having obtained just 208 subs with 40+ videos, I wanted to switch stategy.

I want to post videos about the same topic - coding, but instead of tutorials I want to make funny coding content like YouTubers like Dani and Samuel Miller. I also want to change the name and logo of the channel.

I haven't posted on my current channel for about 2 months now, so I guess with that low a sub count, the channel is pretty much dead already. So, I wanted to know that since I want to change the name of the channel should I create a new channel or just make my older videos private and continue to post new videos on my current channel ? Any help would help a ton.
That is like asking...

What is the meaning of life?

What do women really want?

Why does my cat race around my house at 3AM for no apparent reason???

All kidding aside, 208subs in your first year is actually good. Kudos. If you truly want to expand, ill give you the cliff notes.

- collaborate, best way to get your name out there is through other tubers.
- market yourself, yes... pay money.
- start a social media campaign. Yes, money
- Keep doing what you are doing, hell 208 in 12 months is not bad, so just don't do anything radical that will start to annoy your following right now.

Thaats all I got. But yeah if you could find out why my cat does that, it'll be great....