I am new: Please explain some rules of copyright on YouTube?

Herc

Reaction score
Basically, I want to start my own channel. What I want to do is to narrate a video while different images and pieces of videos appear on the background. I have an example - ScareTheater channel. Well, there are tonnes of youtubers who do this, but just as an example. Also, what I am planning to do is similar to his topic.

On his videos, he has a lot of images as well as background videos playing while narrating. My questions are:
He doesn't pay for all the images and videos he uses in his video, right? He just takes everything from the internet? (And everyone with similar video styles do?) Then isn't this a violation of copyright or similar legal violations? Can his videos be deleted for that? If yes, why aren't they?
He also added pieces of videos that he is actually analyzing (starts at 1:22). How is this allowed?

Can please anyone help me understand all this legal stuff? Or just provide me with a link where I could read all about this? But please, where it is explained with simple language, not the huge YouTube document, which even if read I wouldn't understand the legal aspects in it.
I thought I read somewhere that external material that is being analysed in the video can be stayed on the screen for a specific amount of seconds, but I am not sure. Can you please help me out, guys?

I find this all very confusing and hard at the moment.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: