How to Use and Grow a Twitter

Reo Lazaro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
G'day everyone,

I've recently started a YouTube channel and am in the process of learning how to use social media to help grow my channel. The problem I currently face is that I created my Twitter account a couple of days ago and have no real idea how to use it. I've read several articles about connecting with friends to get started etc. But, the reason why I never had Twitter before now, is because none of my friends use it. We all just use Facebook as our sole social media outlet, then connect through life. This eliminates the possibility of that as a starting point.

So, I was hoping to grab some people's thoughts. What are the best ways to get started on Twitter, and how would people recommend I go about using it?

Cheers.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
One thing that I do, that helps a lot in terms of getting attention back to my channel is search hashtags that are specific to your channel. I'm a vlogger, so I frequent #vlogger or even, #newyoutuber. Lots of good/new/excited YouTubers here that love getting feedback and will even return the favor.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I opened a twitter account when I started my YT-channel about half a year ago mainly because it was the advice I was given. I don’t use twitter very much though. When I upload new videos I think it posts automatically on my twitter but that’s basically how I use it. If you and your friends are on facebook I think you are good. Focus o n making great content for your channel and share it via facebook.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
make sure to do things other than just sharing videos. You can post behind the scenes screenshots, teasers for upcoming projects, and use it to send messages to YouTubers you enjoy.

if you let your YouTube viewers know what its for in a video they may follow you there

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
G'day everyone,

I've recently started a YouTube channel and am in the process of learning how to use social media to help grow my channel. The problem I currently face is that I created my Twitter account a couple of days ago and have no real idea how to use it. I've read several articles about connecting with friends to get started etc. But, the reason why I never had Twitter before now, is because none of my friends use it. We all just use Facebook as our sole social media outlet, then connect through life. This eliminates the possibility of that as a starting point.

So, I was hoping to grab some people's thoughts. What are the best ways to get started on Twitter, and how would people recommend I go about using it?

Cheers.
First step is usually to be part of a community and support people in it. So you could do as @Brandon said by going into hashtags that are frequented by people with similar content, or you can hang out in forums like these to make some friends/acquaintances. After you build a list of people you follow, it's a matter of interacting with them, providing insights/opinions and supporting others you know. Your main goal on the platform is to somehow appear on other people's feeds through retweets/likes on your own content or by consistently retweeting/liking other people's content, showing that you support them as creators.

Another thing to take note: I see Twitter largely as a platform for those with an opinion. You need to have the guts to publicly state what you think and be able to defend/substantiate it whenever challenged by someone else.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started a twitter the day i started a channel. I really dont gain much views from the twitter, but what i love using it for is connecting with other youtubers in my niche. I tallk to NHL youtubers daily on here and am very friendly with a lot of them. Its fun to do that.

AdmUp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hashtags is probably the best thing you can do, also interact with other people and stay active. But not spammy, if possible.

Reactions: Dave B

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started my Twitter a few days after I started my own YouTube channel. I use Twitter just to post my latest videos. Not quite sure how to use it properly to promote my channel, so I'm definitely interested with what other content creators do to gain views and potential subscribers on Twitter.

KyleNoir3202

Reaction score
One effective method to garner attention and interest on Twitter is through engaging in polls. By obtaining votes and initial involvement, you can make a significant impact. In this regard, I highly recommend utilizing the services provided by https://viplikes.net/buy-twitter-poll-vote. They offer high-quality votes from real users, enabling you to rapidly grow your account. Drawing from my own experience, I am confident that this strategy will yield satisfying results. Give it a try, and I assure you won't be disappointed.