How to Stay Moivated

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is my third week on YouTube and I'm finding it harder and harder to stay motivated. I love producing content however I wish I had more time to polish my work. With working my full time job I find it is really hard to make my one video a week schedule. I find that it is becoming easier to edit but then I'm always aiming to make my videos better.

Anyways, I'm looking for tips to stay motivated. What do you guys do to keep on track?

PS: I had so much go wrong this week. My mics chord broke and had to find a new chord (I finally found them) then my audio wasn't reading in Premier which was because I accidentally had my gain on max which I guess Premier doesn't like if your audio is too loud (probably wouldn't have been able to use the clip anyways.)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh Yes the motivation-issue. I think we all run into this problem not only with YT but with all kinds of things.
I love producing content
You say you love producing content and this really is essence here. Keep that in mind every time motivation start to go down. You are doing it beause you love it.
Have a short break and a nice cold beer and relax for the weekend, then thing might look a bit better monday:)
Have a nice weekend

Reactions: Lekjih

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh Yes the motivation-issue. I think we all run into this problem not only with YT but with all kinds of things.

You say you love producing content and this really is essence here. Keep that in mind every time motivation start to go down. You are doing it beause you love it.
Have a short break and a nice cold beer and relax for the weekend, then thing might look a bit better monday:)
Have a nice weekend
Sorry if you got a notification that I unliked the post I meant to like it but double tapped haha. Yeah I have my girlfriend and family and friend who all support me too but I can't help but feeling down sometimes. Beer definitely helps. Thanks for the advice:)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
In order to stay motivated in anything, you have to truly understand what motivates you as a person. Generally speaking, most people are motivated by the 4 Ms:

1. Money & Material Things
2. Mating
3. Momentum (or Freedom)
4. Mastery & Status

Know which of these motivate you and in what order. Then build every plan in your life around that motivation.

The best way to test which motivates you is to play what I call the "Either Or Game."

For example, which would you choose.

1 Million a Year to Work at a Job You Absolutely Hate for at least 10 years

or

100K a year to do something you love and have freedom.

#3 motivates me more than anything else on that list. So I could never approach a YouTube channel trying to get money or fame. Because, while I need money to pay my employees and feed my family, I wouldn't trade my freedom to get it.

So trying to get a ton of subscribers by creating content that bores me at a high frequency is never going to interest me. And since, what interests me is often very niche, I have to accept that what I'm creating may not blow up as quickly as other types of creators can.

Reactions: Dave2017 and Crown

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
By giving myself days that in which to do nothing and also by surrounding myself with creative people, makes me wanna be creative. Also, TED talks, University, talking to viewers, lots of different things really. Just gotta find what works for you!

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello. I like to think for every new video i make that this is the one who will blow the roof :) . Still nothing happens but next video will go to the moon and back :) . That motivates me

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Good question. That's something I struggle with. Uh.. When I find out, I'll tell you? :)

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is something I love so much, I am almost always motivated to do it. It is sad that I haven't found the time lately, but I am still extremely motivated and have been since I started on July 18!

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love making the videos. I make stuff which I could watch back without cringing, and that helps. If I were motivated only by views, I would've stopped at maybe 5 videos, but I'm still going at 31~