How to Start a YouTube Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
This is probably the question most asked to me via PMs on yttalk by about 200% :D
“How would I go about creating a YouTube Network”.

Well There`s really three types of Network you could create, this thread will also tell you how :)

Multi-Channel Network (MCN) :
So a MCN has one or multiple CMS(s) that it can link itt`s partner`s channels to.
The reason for this is to cater to revenue and support for that channel.
Similar to how a talent group would operate with a music artist.

Propriety Network/Virtual Network/Content Distrabution Network (VN) :
A VN would be straight under a MCN, usually has some sort of CMS/Partnering Dashboard access.
How these differ from MCNs is they take a portion of then revenue the MCN takes from a partner, In return for focusing on a certain niche. (e.g. A Tech VN under an everything MCN)
They also may decide to offer better features, help, support etc

Content Aggregator (CA) :
A CA operates from under a VN, and will take a portion of the VN`s revenue (not usually more of the partner`s) in return for operating as a network to cater towards a more specific niche (e.g mobile tech under a tech network).

How to form one of the above :

MCN :
Well to form an MCN you need to get into direct contact with that management team in Google.
They require you to have a certain amount of staff including an ad sales team.
Aswell as set up as a company, have a decent start-up capital.
And a long list of requirements that is not undertaken by most.

VN :
To form a VN you have to contact a MCN and ask, note that only a few actually have Vns.
The below list is of all that`re currently accepting, note that as of when I`m posting this, Both Fullscreen and ZoominTV arn`t accepting them.

ForelaDigital
BentPixels
Iricom / Iricom Ukraine
XMediaDigital
QuizGroup
Maker
Viso

CA :
To form a CA you have to contact a VN and note that not alot of Vns are allowed to have any.
YourDailyLaughz
Creative Nation
Vultra Gaming
Vector Centre
Magnolia Network
Preveo
Azure Network
Xela

If this thread helped you leave a like, thanks :)

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is probably the question most asked to me via PMs on yttalk by about 200% :D
“How would I go about creating a YouTube Network”.

Well There`s really three types of Network you could create, this thread will also tell you how :)

Multi-Channel Network (MCN) :
So a MCN has one or multiple CMS(s) that it can link itt`s partner`s channels to.
The reason for this is to cater to revenue and support for that channel.
Similar to how a talent group would operate with a music artist.

Propriety Network/Virtual Network/Content Distrabution Network (VN) :
A VN would be straight under a MCN, usually has some sort of CMS/Partnering Dashboard access.
How these differ from MCNs is they take a portion of then revenue the MCN takes from a partner, In return for focusing on a certain niche. (e.g. A Tech VN under an everything MCN)
They also may decide to offer better features, help, support etc

Content Aggregator (CA) :
A CA operates from under a VN, and will take a portion of the VN`s revenue (not usually more of the partner`s) in return for operating as a network to cater towards a more specific niche (e.g mobile tech under a tech network).

How to form one of the above :

MCN :
Well to form an MCN you need to get into direct contact with that management team in Google.
They require you to have a certain amount of staff including an ad sales team.
Aswell as set up as a company, have a decent start-up capital.
And a long list of requirements that is not undertaken by most.

VN :
To form a VN you have to contact a MCN and ask, not that only a few actually have Vns.
The below list is of all that`re currently accepting, not that as of when I`m posting this, Both Fullscreen and ZoominTV arn`t accepting them.

ForelaDigital
BentPixels
Iricom / Iricom Ukraine
XMediaDigital
QuizGroup
Maker
Viso

CA :
To form a CA you have to contact a VN and note that not alot of Vns are allowed to have any.

YourDailyLaughz
Creative Nation
Vultra Gaming
Vector Centre
Magnolia Network
Preveo
Xela

If this thread helped you leave a like, thanks :)
Great thread thanks for posting :)

MattZ

YouTube Networks Addict!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hope a mod stickies :D

Reactions: Priyam

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Wow I didn't know you needed to have like a staff number and be in contact with google to start the first one.. don't really know why some people want to start networks, oh well :) thanks for the insight and useful post :D

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Wow I didn't know you needed to have like a staff number and be in contact with google to start the first one.. don't really know why some people want to start networks, oh well :) thanks for the insight and useful post :D
Yep, to become an MCN is pretty hard, there`s less than 100 of them after 7 years on them being around ;)

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yep, to become an MCN is pretty hard, there`s less than 100 of them after 7 years on them being around ;)
wow.. I guess they're the main ones though.. you don't really need many of them as they just make little sub networks and people join those and some of the subnetworks allow people to start even smaller networks :)

ItsTehShadow

YTtalk's Purple Enthusiast!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Great post, sure it will be of use to people. It may even help to close the floodgates to all the kids that want to create a network for $$ and become ATV copies, if they realise its not as easy as it sounds :joyful2:

Priyam

Taking your iDevice to max
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Designer
VN :
The below list is of all that`re currently accepting, not that as of when I`m posting this, Both Fullscreen and ZoominTV arn`t accepting them.
From when did ZoominTV stop taking VN? How much i have knowledge about, i've recently, i think about 3-4 weeks back i spoke to them for a network and i did get accepted after an interview. Why did they suddenly stop accepting VN under them?

Status
Not open for further replies.