How to start a successful, consistent YouTube channel.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I need some ideas on how to get a successful channel going, plus ideas for free software I could use to get me going. I mainly do games on Xbox, but I can only record 5 minutes with Game DVR. Help!

Reactions: BlockyLive

FC_WOOLY

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
See this will be challenging because most successful channels use game capture devices alongside good editing software

CyberunHD

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
all i can say is having an Elgato HD capture card is a must if your gaming vids are on xbox, like you say, the internal xbox DVR is only 5 mins, which is pretty S****Y, but there is loads of free editing software out there to edit your vids, i use Filmora, its free to download and use, and if you like it and start uploading clips, its only around $30 to buy the license so it removes the water mark. hope this helps[DOUBLEPOST=1469175621,1469175497][/DOUBLEPOST]ive just had an idea...don't know how useful this info is, but if you can get your xbox gameplay playing through your pc monitor, then you can record whats on your screen with OBS software, which is completely free? just a thought

lrduffy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Yeah, definitely a good idea to get yourself a capture card. I use the Elgato HD which is super simple to set up and use, but there are cheaper brands out there which do the same thing, I just don't know much about them so may be worth having a quick google!

FC_WOOLY

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, definitely a good idea to get yourself a capture card. I use the Elgato HD which is super simple to set up and use, but there are cheaper brands out there which do the same thing, I just don't know much about them so may be worth having a quick google!
Yeah Elgato is the best :)

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Elgato is good, ShadowPlay if you have a GeForce Graphics Card- Audacity is a free, Windows Movie Maker for video editing or VideoPadEditior

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Based on the title, I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum. ^^ If you are going to mainly discuss software, please let me know and I'll move it to the software forum. =)

Wimbus

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You will need to buy an elgato at least to capture the game play. from there you can use a free video editing software im pretty sure. GOOD LUCK!!!

Sound_Proof

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah you're gonna definitely need an elgato as for free ediots i don't really know i use camtasia 8 tho

FC_WOOLY

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
people were saying about Sony Vegas