How to rebrand my channel to a related niche?

TheEzeJC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey,
I want to start up my channel again, but currently most my subscribers are from my tutorials. I want to bring back some of my old lets play style of videos I used to do, but my channel appears as a tutorial channel and not as an entertainment/gaming channel. Outside of tutorials, my videos rarely appear on search, even on niche topics.
On that note, what can I do to change my channel’s genre? What would happen to my current subscribers?

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Have you tried your old style videos? I would do it, at the end of the day this is what you want to do = do it, during these videos you can let the audience know why you are making them = maybe this is special to you or maybe it's the only thing that you see yourself doing now

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
how many subs do you have? How many of your subscribers are actually watching your tutorials? You can see these numbers in your analytics.
People don't often subscribe for tutorials. They come in, fine what they need and leave.
Theres a good chance most of your views are not coming from subscribers.

In that case, feel free to change topics, without any down side.
Also unless if Youtube is your source of income, you should feel fine to switch topics.

Now if it is your source of income, especially if it's your main source of income then it's a bit more tricky, but I
'm assuming it's not.