HOW TO MAKE HIGH QUALITY VIDEOS AND THUMBNAILS!!

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys I see that a lot of people on this forum struggling with trying to make thumbnails and making the videos that they want to make. So I think that I can really help with my experience on youtube although I am nowhere near the best.
So for thumbnails you can use something like pic monkey. It is so good and the best of it is that it is free!!! You can really do a lot on this website and if you look at my thumbnails you can see what you can do. Youtubers such as thatcher joe use this for their thumbnails.
And for high quality videos I see a lot of people struggling with this. For me the most important thing is the audio. If no one can hear what you are saying then what is the point of watching the video. An example is Grade A under A. No offense but he has terrible quality and he still has the black bars on the side of his videos. However the reason why millions of people love him is because of his commentary. So to me audio is really important. I also try my best to get my video quality as high as possible (1080p around, but 720 kind of works)
Hope I helped you guys out a bit!!!

Reactions: Lizzeelive

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think key for high quality thumbnails is:
- Make sure it contains what the video is about, if not, it can kill your retention
- Make sure people can figure out what is about in a blink of an eye, if too much clutter or detail people will maybe pick another video to watch
- Keep some things the same for every thumbnail, this way people can see it's your channel if they want to watch the next video (suggested video)
- Keep things in contrasting colors. Your brain likes it and makes it easy to read.
- Use easy to read fonts, you want people to read it instantly.
- Please, don't use shots from your video!
- Many people watch on their phone, make sure the thumbnail looks good when watched very small as well

If you want to use Photoshop, look up a tutorial on below:
- Gradient color
- Layering your content
- Magic Wand and Lasso (for cutting out pieces)
- Save as PNG (doesn't make transparent parts white)
- Blending options for layers (e.g to drop a shadow)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lizzeelive

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think key for high quality thumbnails is:
- Make sure it contains what the video is about, if not, it can kill your retention
- Make sure people can figure out what is about in a blink of an eye, if too much clutter or detail people will maybe pick another video to watch
- Keep some things the same for every thumbnail, this way people can see it's your channel if they want to watch the next video (suggested video)
- Keep things in contrasting colors. Your brain likes it and makes it easy to read.
- Use easy to read fonts, you want people to read it instantly.
- Please, don't use shots from your video!
- Many people watch on their phone, make sure the thumbnail looks good when watched very small as well

If you want to use Photoshop, look up a tutorial on below:
- Gradient color
- Layering your content
- Magic Wand and Lasso (for cutting out pieces)
- Save as PNG (doesn't make transparent parts white)
- Blending options for layers (e.g to drop a shadow)
COOL Thanks for the tips!! Yea im trying to learn photoshop. its kinda hard though

Reactions: KidsCorner

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let me know if you need more tips. Small one for now, if you cut out something, you can hold shift or ctrl to subtract or add something if you "slipped". After you cut it out, use 'smudge' on the edges to make it look better.

Last edited:

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hopeful this helps! 2 free and easy ways for thumbnails etc. Panzoid, panzoid is very simplistic and good for channel art/banners and it can also be used to make intros, outros, etc. It is lacking in some areas but it is a very good starting place. You can use the saved templates or make you're own via the start from scratch option. You can also load saved images and add onto them as well.Next up is Fotor, fotor is similar to Panzoid regarding its simplistic feel and learning curve but has more options as well. Fotor has the option to let you choice if what your making/editing is a thumbnail etc through the design option. It also can be used for various socials as well. Lets say you picked the YouTube Channel Art option it would come preset with the resolution and size of 2560x1440 (I'm not a big tech person but i'm pretty sure this is right if not i'm sorry).[DOUBLEPOST=1471228999,1471228959][/DOUBLEPOST]Nice stuff dude very helpful! (= I hope it helps others as well! (=