How to Make a Top Ten Video?

Reaction score
Hello,
Any advice for a novice to make a top ten video look relatively decent? I only have super limited experience with OBS and Open Shot. I've seen so many videos with voice overs or showing the person talking then cutting to a screen to show the next item on the list.

How does one do that? LOL

Thanks!

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
You can record your whole video as you normally would then add the "detail shots" as an additional track in above your main video in Open Shot.

I've never used or heard of open shot before, but in screenshots it looks like it can support multi-track video.

Let me know if that clears it up at all.

1596502319487.png

Reaction score
You can record your whole video as you normally would then add the "detail shots" as an additional track in above your main video in Open Shot.

I've never used or heard of open shot before, but in screenshots it looks like it can support multi-track video.

Let me know if that clears it up at all.

View attachment 44628
Thank you so much for your reply. So I normally record the video in Zoom. I can take that and add it to one track in open shot. Then use detail shots for images? So for example if I was doing a video on "Top ten songs by the Beatles" then I can take an image of them or an album cover and that would be my detail shots?

Thanks again!

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
yes, that should work. Also, that sounds like a fun project.

Just wondering why are you recording in Zoom? As in Zoom the video chat platform? Are there other people in other places?

Reaction score
yes, that should work. Also, that sounds like a fun project.

Just wondering why are you recording in Zoom? As in Zoom the video chat platform? Are there other people in other places?
Thank you. To be honest I'm using zoom because that is what I use to record the podcast but that is with my co-host. For this project it's just me so I'm not attached to zoom at all. How else could I record the video?

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It really depends on your set up. Are you recording to Zoom using a Windows computer and a webcam? You should be able to record directly into OBS studio. I never used Zoom to record before but if Zoom adds your name to the bottom corner or a zoom watermark, recording into OBS might let you get a video without any of that.

That being said honestly, you can use Zoom don't worry. At the end of the day, use whatever you are most comfortable using. I was just wondering.

Reaction score
It really depends on your set up. Are you recording to Zoom using a Windows computer and a webcam? You should be able to record directly into OBS studio. I never used Zoom to record before but if Zoom adds your name to the bottom corner or a zoom watermark, recording into OBS might let you get a video without any of that.

That being said honestly, you can use Zoom don't worry. At the end of the day, use whatever you are most comfortable using. I was just wondering.
Makes sense and thank you for that. So with Open shot it's just editing so I won't be able to record the video on there but you said I'll be able to do that in OBS?

I'm currently recording with zoom using a laptop and the cam that comes with it. Very bare bones here...lol

Thanks for the help!