How to Improve Voice Audio (HELP!)

ArribaTv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hello people,

I record games on my Xbox One and Wii U; usually I play them while recording and commentating then I post them on YouTube. However, I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the clicking sound of the remotes when I record? I use Audacity and a Blue Yeti Microphone for my audio and an Elgato for game capture. If anyone had any tips to achieve better audio (that's the only thing I struggle with) then I would really appreciate the advice... THANKS!!!

ClickTIAA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When you pull your audio into Audacity, find a section in your audio where you aren't speaking, but you can hear the clicking (and any other background sounds that you don't want in the audio). Highlight that section, then go to Effect > Noise Reduction > Get Noise Profile. Then go to Effect > Noise Reduction > Ok/Apply and it should take out most of the noise. Ofcourse I can't explain really well over text so if you would like to find out more, search for it on YouTube, you'll find tons of how to style videos.

ArribaTv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If I remove it with noise removal the rest of the audio will sound distorted

ClickTIAA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It should still sound fine? Its not distorting the audio its just removing anything that sounds similar to the clicks you have highlighted. If it does distort your audio then I'm not sure what's wrong

I'm not an expert in this kind of stuff. I see there is another effect called click removal that might help but I've never used it

Last edited:

Puck Mitchell

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually record my voice audio separately, so when I have Erms errs and ahhs I can simply zoom in, go to that area, cut, mute or delete. It works for any background noises such as clicking. I use Sony Vegas to edit also but whatever you use you can do the same. So to best beat this problem, record the audio on a separate software. If you are LIVE, Increase the GAIN on the back of the blue yeti and move further away. It will hear more background noise but will be able to pick you up from further not annoying people as much. Invest in a pop filter for your Blue Yeti that would help stop any Ps or sharp noises effect the mic that would annoy your listeners!

Hope this helps,
- ThePuckingtonReborn

Reactions: ClickTIAA