HOW TO GROW YOUR YOUTUBE QUICKLY. My first channel = 15k subs, My second channel = 261subs

Tevan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey, guys it is Tevan again. I created an account here last night and for those of you who didn't read my introduction message. Here's a little background on my youtube history as of now, my first channel ever which was once named "LyriczLegend4Ever" (now named "Tevan") has about 15k subs as of right now with over 21 million views altogether and my highest viewed video has about 21 million views. That channel was dedicated to making music mashups and lyric videos. it was not a personal channel, it was extremely anonymous. So, I made a more personal channel called "YungLaquifa", which currently has 260 subs and about 26k views in total. I've decided to change LyriczLegend4Ever to Tevan so it can be more of a personal channel as well. But, here's some advice on how I got these huge numbers!

1. TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE, TRAP YOUR AUDIENCE
As many first steps go for making a successful youtube, know what type of audience you want to attract to you channel. Do you want an audience that enjoys gaming? Product reviews? Beauty tutorials? Music? Target your audience and make content based off what audience you want to attract. This audience will soon become your base and they will be coming back for more if you make watchable content. I like to say the base audience is a way of trapping your audience since they will be your more loyal audience who will be coming back every single week. Don't start your new channel off too diverse because, you won't have an exact base audience. You will have random people coming to your videos who can and may get uninterested with other videos you've made or plan to make.

2. CONSISTENCY

Another known tip. Consistency. Have an upload schedule that works for you. The more consistent you are, the more your youtube will be taken seriously. Choose a schedule that is to your liking rather that be once a week, twice a week or even every single day. Consistency ensures to your audience that you will always be coming out with new content that they look forward to seeing and/or are curious about.

3. FAN TO CREATOR COMMUNICATION
This is one of my favorite tips. Communicate with your audience always. Rather that be them being apart of the creative process for a new video, replying to a comment they made under a video, giveaways, social media conversations (twitter following, snapchatting.. etc.). Always be sure to reach out to your audience, not only does this show that you have a friendly personality, but it makes your audience feel special that you take time out of your day to appreciate them, thank them or help them out. Special fans = more fans ;)

4. EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM
This is an extremely, EXTREMELY important tip that has helped my youtubes grow so fast. If you plan on uploading something that has been talked about or has been trending nationwide or worldwide. Make sure you are one of the FIRST people to upload a video about on youtube. For instance, beauty gurus! I know the rainbow highlighter was such a trending topic and everyone was talking about it. It would help your channel a lot if you were one of the first people to buy that product and let's say did a review on it, a makeup look with it or even DIY tutorial on it and be one of the first to upload to youtube. That is because that trending topic is something everyone will certainly be talking about across all social media platforms including youtube. So, being one of the first people to upload a video about that topic would get you a lot of traffic coming your way. And, if the video is good enough you will get more subscribers and views! I use this trick a lot with my past lyric videos of new songs that have been released that exact same day I uploaded a video about it.

So, these are my 4 tips and tricks that will for sure help you grow your youtube! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me!

Reactions: Anjim

MagikMike

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Great advice! Cool to see someone finding success as a music channel, gives me hope! And I totally agree with 'early bird gets the worm'. But you have to be EARLYYYY.....people will start posting things about a new topic almost instantly.

Mikala Stokes

Reaction score
Hey there! My name is Mikala, I started my YouTube channel a while ago and I am trying everything that you were talking about. Could a few people give me some constructive criticism. Like the quality of my videos, appearance of my channel, you know things like that. Here is the link:
If you like it please subscribe, share, and comment on things I need to do. It really would help me out :)

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, guys it is Tevan again. I created an account here last night and for those of you who didn't read my introduction message. Here's a little background on my youtube history as of now, my first channel ever which was once named "LyriczLegend4Ever" (now named "Tevan") has about 15k subs as of right now with over 21 million views altogether and my highest viewed video has about 21 million views. That channel was dedicated to making music mashups and lyric videos. it was not a personal channel, it was extremely anonymous. So, I made a more personal channel called "YungLaquifa", which currently has 260 subs and about 26k views in total. I've decided to change LyriczLegend4Ever to Tevan so it can be more of a personal channel as well. But, here's some advice on how I got these huge numbers!

1. TARGET YOUR AUDIENCE, TRAP YOUR AUDIENCE
As many first steps go for making a successful youtube, know what type of audience you want to attract to you channel. Do you want an audience that enjoys gaming? Product reviews? Beauty tutorials? Music? Target your audience and make content based off what audience you want to attract. This audience will soon become your base and they will be coming back for more if you make watchable content. I like to say the base audience is a way of trapping your audience since they will be your more loyal audience who will be coming back every single week. Don't start your new channel off too diverse because, you won't have an exact base audience. You will have random people coming to your videos who can and may get uninterested with other videos you've made or plan to make.

2. CONSISTENCY

Another known tip. Consistency. Have an upload schedule that works for you. The more consistent you are, the more your youtube will be taken seriously. Choose a schedule that is to your liking rather that be once a week, twice a week or even every single day. Consistency ensures to your audience that you will always be coming out with new content that they look forward to seeing and/or are curious about.

3. FAN TO CREATOR COMMUNICATION
This is one of my favorite tips. Communicate with your audience always. Rather that be them being apart of the creative process for a new video, replying to a comment they made under a video, giveaways, social media conversations (twitter following, snapchatting.. etc.). Always be sure to reach out to your audience, not only does this show that you have a friendly personality, but it makes your audience feel special that you take time out of your day to appreciate them, thank them or help them out. Special fans = more fans ;)

4. EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM
This is an extremely, EXTREMELY important tip that has helped my youtubes grow so fast. If you plan on uploading something that has been talked about or has been trending nationwide or worldwide. Make sure you are one of the FIRST people to upload a video about on youtube. For instance, beauty gurus! I know the rainbow highlighter was such a trending topic and everyone was talking about it. It would help your channel a lot if you were one of the first people to buy that product and let's say did a review on it, a makeup look with it or even DIY tutorial on it and be one of the first to upload to youtube. That is because that trending topic is something everyone will certainly be talking about across all social media platforms including youtube. So, being one of the first people to upload a video about that topic would get you a lot of traffic coming your way. And, if the video is good enough you will get more subscribers and views! I use this trick a lot with my past lyric videos of new songs that have been released that exact same day I uploaded a video about it.

So, these are my 4 tips and tricks that will for sure help you grow your youtube! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me!
Great tips I am sure to use them

Mikala Stokes

Reaction score
Good advice there. I'd add - be original. Do something nobody has done yet.
That is perfect! I keep thinking what would make me stand out but I just do not know what to do or give people a cool different vibe. As far as being different and things like that; I am a weird, goofy, fun person and I think that shows in my videos but I really just have no clue on what will make people remember me. Ya know, like make people think, "I really want to get to know her and meet her in person, and go shopping with her." I really want people to know how down to earth and fun I am in PERSON, so how do I make that come off in my videos?