How to get your video viral?

ShoopkoTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've post here on the Forums!

I know this is a tough question, but if anyone has some tips and tricks to boost a little my channel maybe it'll help my and other people out here! :)

Check out my latest vid and tell me your honest thoughts! ;D

Doom Video Vault

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator
If you're trying to force yourself to go viral, it's not going to work.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Viral just happens. Too many people try to hard. It's those that don't try that go in the stratosphere.

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
im going to move this to the strategies and techniques for you :)

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
One tip, your title might be a bit too long. I'm on an iPhone 6 and it cuts off as "Did we go to the concert aft..." and it makes it look like a vlog or something.

But yeah as the above chaps have said, videos don't just go viral because you make it. Most viral videos are shaky camera shots of something not many people saw in person but is very significant, hence a large amount of traffic to the video on YouTube.

But I woke up like 5 minutes ago so I could just be talking rubbish :D

ShoopkoTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@NotSoMartin, no I think you're awake! ;) tnx[DOUBLEPOST=1467536710,1467536660][/DOUBLEPOST]@Selim Keles okay, ty! ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1467536832][/DOUBLEPOST]@TheDutchTexan, thanks for your opinion, I think so too, but had to post that question bcuz I had a debate with my friend and he said oposite.. had to prove him wrong ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1467536889][/DOUBLEPOST]@Doom Video Vault , thanks, I appreciate ;)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Here's the best way to get a video to go "viral": Employ a large marketing firm and spend several hundred thousand dollars getting publicists to send it to places like "Ellen" and "The View" and the local news. What? Does that sound wrong? Well, sadly, that's how most "viral" videos are made. They're created by brands and if you look closely, you'll see branded merchandise in the backgrounds or foregrounds of a lot of "viral" (or "virally marketed') content. It's sad, but that's the landscape of YouTube nowadays. It's mostly meant for brands pushing products.

I was very pleased to see the "Chewbacca Mom" wasn't a marketing ploy by Kohl's, but then they took that opportunity and ran with it, so I suspect a lot of that push after she got a ton of views (Facebook views, so not monetized, most likely) were done by them.

There are some truly "viral" videos that still get out, but they're really rare, and it's almost impossible to predict when that'll happen. You can't try to make viral content, you just have to capture something amazing or strange in the moment. That's why I say to carry your camera or have your phone at the ready to capture anything that has some wow factor around you. It's going to be the thing that you don't plan at all that may go viral, rather than that perfectly-crafted moment you've spent a lot of time on.

ShoopkoTube

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@xingcat Yeah, you're right! I always have my phone near me or when I go somewhere on 1-2 days everytime bringing the GoPro with me! ;)
Thanks tho

Reactions: xingcat

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've post here on the Forums!

I know this is a tough question, but if anyone has some tips and tricks to boost a little my channel maybe it'll help my and other people out here! :)

Check out my latest vid and tell me your honest thoughts! ;D
Most of the time it's just luck :/