How to get website clicks & newsletter subscribes?

IsaacAdni

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm a musician. Since I don't release stuff very often, it's very hard to keep YouTube subscribers engaged. As such, I'm trying to build an email list. The signup form for my email list can be found on the homepage of my website (isaacadni.com). However, I'm finding it very hard to get people to click through from my YouTube videos to my website. What is the best way of doing this? Currently I'm using an annotation at the beginning of my videos, as well a card at more or less the same time. However, I'm not getting many clicks from either (although the card is a little better). Do you have any tips to make the annotations/cards less annoying but more effective at getting clicks? Maybe I should ditch the annotation all together...?

And then once I have enough website clicks, I can then split test my website to optimise that.

(If I'm getting 200 views a day, surely I should get at least one email per day...?)

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find most of the audience are passive viewers and most really wont go out of youtube. If you're using annotatios and cards make sure you vocally tell them to do it, and actually explain that you dont post often and why they should. When you get a large spike in audience perhaps even make a dedicated video about it.

If it were me though, I'd perhaps post more often with filler vlogs or something, or gear reviews, audio tutorials. Anything that doesnt take too much effort but will keep subscribers engaged. Maybe even use it as an oppertunity to make videos that will attract new audiences that may be searching for gear or something