How to get Monetization Stage Quickly?

SaltNPepper

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've wanted to do youtube for awhile.

I have a Niche already in mind.

Times are extremely tough right now. I am unemployed and have absolutely no money right now. i am a fully grown adult. i am not a teenager that has parents to fall back on.

I need to start earning money from youtube straight away. even if it's $50 a month. it's survival for me right now so can anyone please help on strategies to get to the monetization stage quickly.

I looked it up and it says i need 4000 hours of watchtime.

i am confident that i can get 1000 subscribers so i am not worried about that. i am worried about the 4000 hours of watch-time. that doesn't sound achievable unless you go viral in your first couple months.

4000 hours is ALOT. can't be achieved for a new channel.

how long did it take for you to get to Monetization stage?

any positive stories? if there was positive stories. can you please post on this topic.

i am feeling depressed right now because of my situation.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the YouTube Video Monetization discussion forum. :)

YouTube is usually something that takes a lot of time to set up and gain some momentum. And once it does gain some momentum and you pass the 4000 hours of watchtime, a minimum-wage job will most likely pay more than YouTube in the beginning. :eek: I'd recommend securing a solid income at first, and then building up YouTube in the background to supplement your income until it gets big enough that you can switch over to it full-time. :)

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Unless you can get the 4000hrs within a 12 month period, you really not going to be making much money with YouTube even if you were monetized.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint. If you need money right away, YT is not the answer. I have almost 3,000 subs, I average about 2,000 view hours a month, and I make so little money it is almost comical. The minimum adsense will send is $100 and I get that every 3 or 4 months. I am talking like $400 a year, maybe. I enjoy making vids, but I sure ain't doing it for the money.

You need about 100k subs before you start seeing that elusive "YouTube money".

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I got monetisation in my first month if you need a positive story but it's pretty much what you said: video needs to go viral which means you need to be very very lucky

As mentioned before, even if you make $50 you won't be able to cash out because of the minimum Adsense goal of $100. Even if you get $100 per month, YouTube won't pay you right away, they will pay you next month and that's only if you reach 4000 hours, you have 1000 subscribers, make at least $100 in revenue and they ACCEPT your channel for monetisation which is taking more than 1 month to be reviewed (This is not a guarantee, they CAN REJECT your channel too) This is without taking into account all the competition that will make similar videos and it will take time for YouTube to recommend your channel... for my channel it took like 4 months and I needed to work really hard for that. Right now you are looking at at a minimum 3 months from today to get paid and that's ONLY if you succeed in what's pretty much an impossible task.

I don't want to discourage you but if you're looking to begin your channel to earn money... is probably not going to end well, specially since you need video editing software, maybe camera equipment, etc etc. Some people are lucky and blow up quick and some others take years and years to start earning at least $100 per month.

My advice would be to find something else and at the same start your channel hoping that your channel will grow fast enough for it to become your new job, and that's only if you want to have a job where you need to work 8-12 hours every day if you want to keep growing and keep being relevant. Also, even if you have the best niche in the world and your video blows up, bigger channel with at least 100K will copy the idea getting all the views and getting on top of Youtube search rankings, and no.. you can't copyright claim ideas. This will make your journey even harder, it's only time, hard work and consistency what makes you succeed on Youtube. If you can afford all of that then yeah... go for it, it's an awesome adventure!