How to appeal demonetized channel?

babysongsme

Reaction score
Hello friends. First of all our channel is targeted for kids and was demonetized back in November 2017 during the “elsa-gate” controversy. Even though our videos themselves didn’t include any insuitable scenes for kids, some of them had a titles that included “bad baby” “crying baby” etc. As you may understand i did that to make my videos appear in other videos recommendation. At that moment i didn’t know YT’s policies would seen those words as insuitable for kids and advertisers. So i requested two videos that had yellow monetization button to be manually reviewed and after that my entire channel was demonetized. As you know demonetization and deletion of some channels were beginning at that time and i was getting this answer from the support

“Unfortunately, monetization on your channel will not be reinstated at this time.
In recent months, we've noticed a growing trend around content on YouTube that attempts to pass as family-friendly, but is clearly not. While some of these videos may be suitable for adults, others are completely unacceptable, so we are working to remove them from YouTube. “

So i had to edit my videos titles and delete most of my videos even though i was sure the videos weren’t against the YT’s policies. I constantly sent them request for demonetization and again the answers were same.

“I'm sorry, I don't have a better answer for you. At this time, I'm unable to provide an alternative to this.”

So in 2019 i got this response:

“The good thing here is that you'll be eligible to re-apply in 30 days. For the meantime, you can visit Creator Studio for more information about your status, including what you should do before you re-apply for monetization.”

Since then i’m not able to contact their creator-support mail because i was suspended from YTPP. When i try to send support mail, i get this automated reply

“Thanks for contacting the YouTube Creator Support team. This email address is for monetizing creators who’ve reached 100k subscribers + 400k watchtime hours in the past 12 months. You’re on your way there, but in the meantime you can still get help. Just visit Get Help as a YouTube Creatorto find resources and answers to your questions.”

Now my question is how can i contact YT to review my channel for monetization?
thank you

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Now my question is how can i contact YT to review my channel for monetization?
You can't. That is not a service that they offer.
You simply reapply if your channel is eligible after the 30 days if they give you that option.

babysongsme

Reaction score
So it's permanent then? The answers they gave at first didn't give me an impression that it was permanent and they couldn't reinstate it at that moment. So i thought i could contact them again when the matter gets settled.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
No it doesn't mean its permanent.

As cbpayne said "
You simply reapply if your channel is eligible after the 30 days if they give you that option."

If, as you say, you had to delete a lot of videos it's possible that the number of views your channel is showing against the remaining videos is <400K watchtime hours. because they'd almost certainly be disregarding the watchtime of any deleted videos when it comes to assessing eligibility.

What do your youtube stats currently say are your # of subscribers and watchtime hours?

babysongsme

Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply. My subscriber count is more than what YT requirement says, which is more than 200k. But as you say, because i deleted most of my videos, watch time hour is not meet with the eligibility criteria. I understand your point that if the watch-time hours meet the criteria, re-apply option might appear in my panel. But i'm not sure if that's the case. At the moment this is the message when i go to monetization tab:
Code:
You are not eligible for monetization
Your channel is not eligible for joining the YouTube Partner Program. For additional information, please review the Help Center
And when i go to another one of my channel which is short of watch-time hours and subscriber numbers, this is the message:

Code:
To get into the YouTube Partner Program, your channel needs 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months, and 1,000 subscribers. Your channel will also get reviewed to make sure it follows YouTube monetization policies.
So i would imagine if they giving me a chance to monetize my channel again, they would give the second message not the first.

Thank you

You can't. That is not a service that they offer.
You simply reapply if your channel is eligible after the 30 days if they give you that option.
It's been months since they said i could reapply after 30 days.

Last edited:

babysongsme

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter, does it, until you get back to the requirements. Get to there and THEN look into monetization at that time.
Actually my question was how do i re-apply for monetization if there is no option in my monetization page. The support email was working until i was kicked out of YTPP. So i've been looking for a way to contact YT.

LandyVlad

Super Poster
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I know but what I'm trying to get across is that you won't be accepted for remonetisation as your channel doesn't seem to meet the requirements for it, so contacting them is a waste of your time.

Anyway best of luck.