How the coronavirus is affecting YouTube ad revenue

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I found a very interesting article about how the coronavirus is affecting YouTube ad revenue.

Extract:

The coronavirus has thrown countless industries into turmoil, and created widespread fears about the economy as a whole, with joblessness claims rising to 3.3 million in just one week, and concern from politicians that a $2 trillion stimulus package may not be enough. But one career path that appears to be in relatively stable shape as of today — given its remote and self-determinative nature, as more and more quarantined citizens consume online content from the claustrophobic comfort of home — is that of the digital creator.

While it’s still early days in terms of how the pandemic will bear down on YouTube ad revenues, we spoke to several players in the space who expressed a relatively buoyed perspective on how creators could fare through the crisis. (For this piece, we decided to focus exclusively on the checks channels take home through their YouTube AdSense earnings — not any of the other myriad ways creators can earn money, like branded content or entrepreneurial ventures).

Rest of the article

What about you? Has your ad revenue been affected?

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In the last 28 days, my views are up 37% but my revenue is only up 14%. Certainly no complaints in these times if it's still bringing in revenue!

It'll be interesting to see what the future holds.

HistoryU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My views are up 37% but my revenue is down 40%. God I hope this is over soon.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Since I last posted here, the gap is closing between my viewing and revenue trends. Now my views are up 31% and my revenue is up 25%.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Revenue was stagnant for February, March, and most of April, while views increased by 30%. 10 days ago I started seeing a about a 1% daily rise in revenue which has been steady. One can only hope it continues.