How specific of a target audience do you need for a gaming channel?

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So basically my uploads consist mainly of Battlefield tips and strategies so you can become the best player possible. I know for sure my channel will appeal a lot to someone who wants to get better at Battlefield 1 because all my uploads are for making better Battlefield 1 players; not to mention I upload every other day and in a couple weeks I'll be making better Battlefield players every single day of the week with my videos. But my question is if that's too specific? I mean the tips and strategies. The videos aimed for only those who want to get better at Battlefield 1. Is that too specific of a target audience or no? Do you think I should upload any content related to Battlefield 1? Or maybe should I just upload gaming in general? I tried to expand a bit by also including a bit for Titanfall 2 tips and strategies too (while still keeping the spotlight on Battlefield) but don't know if this is a good move or not.

I'm trying to get the most active subscribers possible so I've been definitely creating A LOT of content that appeals to this specific target audience. But at the same time, I don't want to be so specific that there isn't much of an audience anyway. So basically what I'm asking is if It is a good move to continue to focus on making better Battlefield 1 players and occasionally Titanfall 2 players or if I should pick a more broad subject. What do you guys think? Should I just go a little more broad in the type of content I make? Thanks :)

-Alex (G-Legend)

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Niche's are easier to gain subs from but if you ever switch to say horror games or w/e they will probably not watch that. Usually works that way.

Anti-Hype

Reaction score
There are many different ways to do it. Some folks play tons of games and get subs just based on their personality. Some just play specific genres or even specific games. Then there's tutorials like you're doing, esports, so on and so forth. I'd say sticking with shooters is a good way to go if that's what works for you! Keep rolling with it!