How schedule a video to upload (not publish)?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I have a very low bandwidth where I live. There is no other service available. It takes me a long time to upload a single video, during which time no one else can use the internet at my house. So, I usually wait until everyone goes to bed, and then start my upload, so my video can upload overnight. The problem is some people in my house ar night owls and don go to sleep until 1 or 2 am. So, I either have to stay up, or wait until another day and hope they go to bed earlier.

So, what I need is a way to schedule a video to upload, so I can set it to start uploading at 2:00am while I am sleeping. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Lazypun

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, yes. When you upload the video using new studio, on the last tab (marked as 3), there should be options like: public, private and etc. The bottom one should say Scheduled and let you choose the date and time.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hello, yes. When you upload the video using new studio, on the last tab (marked as 3), there should be options like: public, private and etc. The bottom one should say Scheduled and let you choose the date and time.
That is when to "Publish" the video, not when to UPLOAD the video. Plus that option is no longer available anyways in the New studio (even if it were the right thing I was asking for).

Bounce

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as I know, there isn't a way to schedule an upload. The best options I can come up with is either get those who share your house with you to upload the video for you before they go to bed at those outrageous hours of the night, or wake up before everyone else and start uploading.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah, YouTube doesn't offer that option.

The only possible solution I can think off is to learn a scripting language called "AutoHotKey" (link: https://www.autohotkey.com/ ) which allows you to automate certain user interface tasks (like clicking buttons, typing text etc) - I used to use it years ago when I played online poker - I used it to organise all my open windows when playing on more than 1 table at a time.

You might be able to start the process manually before going to bed up to the point of choosing the file to upload. You'd then write a script that would automatically click the button(s) to confirm the file you want to upload. Obviously, you'd then have to manually fill in all the title, description, etc manually when you wake up.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah, YouTube doesn't offer that option.

The only possible solution I can think off is to learn a scripting language called "AutoHotKey" (link: https://www.autohotkey.com/ ) which allows you to automate certain user interface tasks (like clicking buttons, typing text etc) - I used to use it years ago when I played online poker - I used it to organise all my open windows when playing on more than 1 table at a time.

You might be able to start the process manually before going to bed up to the point of choosing the file to upload. You'd then write a script that would automatically click the button(s) to confirm the file you want to upload. Obviously, you'd then have to manually fill in all the title, description, etc manually when you wake up.
I have tried that before for other things and never had much reliable success, but it is an idea. Seems like a remember a program that did this a long time ago, but I have slept since then. LOL!

Reactions: Crown