How old are the videos you upload?

BuildALot Acres

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Due to other obligations, like full time work away from home, family, big property to maintain (21 acres) , etc., etc., I tend to shoot video's on weekends and edit them at nights or as I have time, and schedule them ahead of time to release twice a week. This saves me a lot of aggravation, as longer uploads can be squirrely in regards to upload speeds, and I don't feel rushed and make mistakes. Some of my videos are filmed and edited up to 2-3 weeks ahead of when they get released. My videos are usually outdoors, so the different seasons can be deceiving if the video is 3 weeks old. Things like grass color, snow on ground, leaves on trees, etc.

I've noticed a lot of channels upload videos the day or day after they are filmed. Often they even mention the date in the video. Kind of feels like a humble brag if I'm being honest. I think while this is great if you YouTube full time, or are retired, etc., for most people with small channels, its not feasible unless you upload short video's infrequently.

I guess I'm just curious how old other members videos are that they upload and release.

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I get my videos up as soon as possible after recording, simply because I need more content on my site. I don't have any issue with others that post hiking videos months afterwards (I like seeing winter hikes still pop up in my suggestions) but for me I'm always in need to content so I tend to not dillydally. Most of my videos involve hiking or camping - these usually take place over the weekend and may involve a significant investment in time so they may happen infrequently.

Frankly I would love to have a backlog of videos ready to roll out over several weeks. I just need to quite working and hike full time. Problem solved! :tongue: