How odd is it for a girl to post technology related videos?

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently uploaded a review on the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 and I got tons of hate about how I'm a "typical idiot" and that I do not deserve views... Is it odd for girls to post reviews on laptop/tablet/technology? Or is it offensive? I just wanted to share my experience of using a new tablet...

Reactions: TastyGamers

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's not offensive at all for you to post your opinions about something! I've come to realize that no matter what I put up on youtube there's always going to be someone who doesn't agree with me on something or not enjoy my content and I've come to accept that. Don't worry about those people who didn't agree with your review, when it comes to technology and video games you will NEVER get a general consensus on whether something is good or bad. I did a couple of videos on E3 last year and said that the PS4 had a better presentation than the Xbox One and people chewed me out for it, calling me a moron and a Sony fanboy. The irony is that I didn't even own a PS4 at the time and only had a Xbox One and when I tried to tell that person, they called me a liar and that I shouldn't even be talking about video games. Did that one person stop me? NOT AT ALL. I won't have people belittle me into changing my opinion because they don't agree with it, we're entitled to freedom of speech and so are you! Don't let the negativity affect you, focus on the positives. Share content and opinions you believe in and stand by them.

Reactions: Cherry Tung

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wouldn't let negative comments get you down. There's nothing wrong with posting informational about things you like.
The only thing that could ever be wrong with this, is if you aren't enjoying what you are doing. ^.^

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not offensive at all for you to post your opinions about something! I've come to realize that no matter what I put up on youtube there's always going to be someone who doesn't agree with me on something or not enjoy my content and I've come to accept that. Don't worry about those people who didn't agree with your review, when it comes to technology and video games you will NEVER get a general consensus on whether something is good or bad. I did a couple of videos on E3 last year and said that the PS4 had a better presentation than the Xbox One and people chewed me out for it, calling me a moron and a Sony fanboy. The irony is that I didn't even own a PS4 at the time and only had a Xbox One and when I tried to tell that person, they called me a liar and that I shouldn't even be talking about video games. Did that one person stop me? NOT AT ALL. I won't have people belittle me into changing my opinion because they don't agree with it, we're entitled to freedom of speech and so are you! Don't let the negativity affect you, focus on the positives. Share content and opinions you believe in and stand by them.
Thank you so much for your positive message! I got slightly discouraged from the comments because the message I got was "I only get views because of my gender", not because of hard work or content. I feel a lot better after reading your message, thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1452663051,1452662910][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wouldn't let negative comments get you down. There's nothing wrong with posting informational about things you like.
The only thing that could ever be wrong with this, is if you aren't enjoying what you are doing. ^.^
Thank you so much! I was just worried about offending people who are really into technology with my review. I feel much more comfortable now! :D

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agreed with above. It's great that more females are becoming the face and brains of technology. No matter what, you'll have groups of people dedicated to a particular brand who will "let you know why you're wrong". The gender card is low hanging fruit for them. Keep doing what you love. I hope any hate is fuel for you to push harder.

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you so much for your positive message! I got slightly discouraged from the comments because the message I got was "I only get views because of my gender", not because of hard work or content. I feel a lot better after reading your message, thank you![DOUBLEPOST=1452663051,1452662910][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you so much! I was just worried about offending people who are really into technology with my review. I feel much more comfortable now! :D
If someone is offended over something as your gender, you shouldn't be worried about their opinion in the first place ^.^

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
I think people are typically jelous. My wife worked at verizon store and when men would come in they would gawk at her thinking she didn't know what she was talking about. Even if they didn't even know where their power button was on their phone. She just took it with stride and showed them how awesome she is. So dont worry about those negative comments always remember you are a badass

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
No problem! I'm pretty sure those comments about your gender happen to a lot of girls who decide to make videos about technology or video games. Those people who only focus on your gender and are too ignorant to focus on the hard work you put into the video should be ignored.

TastyGamers

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I think it's good when you really know what you are talking about. If you just read some facts from Wikipedia and don't understand what stands, for example, RAM or ROM, then you should do these review maybe not so technical, but from a life perspective. How do you can use this device in a daily basis and so on.