How my Outlook on my Failing Channel Changed After it Got Monetized

avronaYT

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I never realised how strange of a feeling it would be to have my channel finally monetised after almost 7 years of it growing extremely slowly for no concrete reason. After giving it a day or so to settle in with this new reality it feels very weird, and almost just makes me more annoyed by how things are with my channel. Because now publishing videos actually achieves something, it's finally actually worth doing so, so uploading all my previous videos feels so lifeless and meaningless now, as I had nothing real to gain from that, and unlike many other smaller YouTubers who could at least look forward to gaining some loyal fans from a video, or getting comments about how they liked your videos, that was never an option for my channel, because for some reason it just never acted and grew like a normal YouTube channel. So now in retrospective all those videos seem like so much more of a chore than before, and newer videos feel less so, but still like a giant chore. Especially since the amount of money I earn per video will probably be a penny at most for a while. It's an especially weird position for someone like me who doesn't do the whole motivation thing, where I just do things because I have to. Anyone had any similar revelations after getting monetised?

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
congrats, cool thumbnail designs :up: im far from monetization so just expressing appreciation here as every time something in the computer has to be upgraded we start researching, your channel is probably popping up in lots of searches related to pc gear :geek2: