How much time do you spend making videos?

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey everyone, I was just wondering how I compare to everybody else as to how much time you spend making a video, research, scripting, filming, editing and all. ~Column 1 P.S: I know it doesn't really matter, because video making varies for YouTuber to YouTuber but whatever

Last edited:

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
3-4 hours on 1 video. I tend to "freestyle" most of my script so I guess it'll tack on another hour since im gonna start writing stuff down before recording.

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
3-4 hours on 1 video. I tend to "freestyle" most of my script so I guess it'll tack on another hour since im gonna start writing stuff down before recording.
Thanks for your feedback man, it means a lot to me. I asked because I was unsure whether or not other content creators were doing about the same as me, but it doesn't really matter anyway, as comparing one person's video to another is like apples to oranges, because everyone has a different process. Anyway thanks for replying!

Reactions: Sladee

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depends on how long the video is/ if I like the final result, so it's anywhere between 1 hour to... well the longest I spent on one was 6 hours :p

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Depends on how long the video is/ if I like the final result, so it's anywhere between 1 hour to... well the longest I spent on one was 6 hours :p
I mean, I'm all for taking my time... BUT HOLY CRAP MAN! I'll check out your channel in a bit, but sounds like you make some quality content! EDIT: DUDE! How in the CRAP did you make such a bad*** looking animation? P.S: You may have just earned another sub!

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I mean, I'm all for taking my time... BUT HOLY CRAP MAN! I'll check out your channel in a bit, but sounds like you make some quality content! EDIT: DUDE! How in the CRAP did you make such a bad*** looking animation? P.S: You may have just earned another sub!
Oh I don't make the actual videos or music myself, I just find them, then mush them together and they look cool :p and thanks :D

But back to the topic, I'm trying to undertake 1 hour long epic music mixes........ and honestly I don't even wanna think about how long those will take me to edit xD

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually spend about 2-3 hours driving around, sometimes I record when Im out doing other things. Editing usually takes 2-3 hours as well although lately I've been spending more time on research as well.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Too damn much lol. But some people in the gaming community will record hours of gameplay to be split down to 10 or 15 minute videos. It's most likely the best way to go with that type anyway, or in general. More stuff to chose from when editing.

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
10-16 hours. I start in the morning doing research/ finding my topics for the day. Hopefully I am recording by noon. about 3 hours of editing and another hour to hour and a half on seo and thumbnails.That is 5 days a week but I am trying to streamline it down a bit by grouping my stories into catagories. my sunday short took about 2 hours with all the seo stuff and thumbnail. I never did any of this before in my life so my workflow isnt spot on yet but I get better every day.

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY