How many tags do you...tag?

bonapplethi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha comment and discuss! Just curious

I honestly really don't tag.. because I'm a lazy bum so I go real simple like # youtube title and then my username.. ( <__<)

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On average anywhere between 250-500 characters of the 500 maximum. Sometimes there just isn't enough relevant tags to the games I play to fill up the bar and other times there is.

For some tags are really important for others they are not... it's easier to ignore them when bigger but just starting out it's a way to get noticed so you should work on them.

DigitalTom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually get to ~280-310 characters.

bonapplethi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Sin B I figured because tags are very useful! I'd go back and redo them or add me when I get the time. I use to put a whole lot of tags back then like crazy!
And @DigitalTom I gotta get my tag game up![DOUBLEPOST=1480758283,1480758255][/DOUBLEPOST]Add more*

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@Sin B I figured because tags are very useful! I'd go back and redo them or add me when I get the time. I use to put a whole lot of tags back then like crazy!
And @DigitalTom I gotta get my tag game up![DOUBLEPOST=1480758283,1480758255][/DOUBLEPOST]Add more*
Generally speaking best to have them on from the get go since the first 48 hours of a video's life usually give it the most likelihood of virality, that said a video can randomly spike after years of it being online so it isn't the only method and the algorithm is constantly changing... but overall best to have all your eggs in one basket from start to finish.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I tag as much as relevant to the video, I didn´t know there´s a character limit though!

10ACITY

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Tags are only really important at first because after that YouTube assigns tags to your video based on who watched your video and how they found it, or so I've heard. For this reason it is best to tag from the get go. If you don't feel like tagging your video (I know it is boring) them you can set your tags in your upload defaults. Hope this helps.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hmm mostly 10, It depends on the game also Tubebuddy helps.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I fill all 500 characters and after 2-3 days I replace the ones that don't rank and try again and again until they all rank in the top20

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Out of the 500 character max I'm usually around 350-400. There just sometimes ins't enough to tag in relation to my channel video. You should at least tag your channel and video name so to increase your SEO.