How Many People Visit My Channel Homepage?

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello friends,

I have been trying for days to figure out how to find out how many people visit my channel's homepage. This information should be available in Analytics, but I have not been able to find it. I also have tried Googling for an answer, but have not succeeded in answering this question.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Stymie

Graphic Designer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As far as I am aware, there is no way to find how many people visit your homepage.

In the YT app for your phone, click on 'Discovery' at the top, click on 'Traffic Source Types' and you can see the % of people coming from wherever to see your video. 'Playlists', 'Playlist page', 'Channel Pages', 'End Screens' and 'Browse Features' all relate to your channel pages, so you can see the % of traffic from these sources, but not an exact number of people.

Reactions: RidingWithStymie

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Graphic Designer - Are you referring to the YT Studio app? Mine doesn't show 'Discovery' at the top. Neither does the regular YouTube app. (I did find 'Traffic Source Types' in the YT Studio on using my laptop.)

Gaijillionaire - If I do what you say, will the trailer be visible? Will people be watching it, or not?

Last edited:

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
re: @Gaijillionaire - people will still be able to watch it, but they will only see the channel trailer on your channel page. it won't show up in their sub feed, or in your list of videos.
that way the view count for that one video will just be the number of people who landed on your page. At that point you would even be able to see how long people stay on your channel page via watch time and view retention analytics and how many people are visiting for the first time vs coming back via the unique viewer analytics.

RidingWithStymie

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really appreciate everyone's help!

Hey Nicekid76, this is the 2nd time you've answered one of my knucklehead questions. You really are a "nice kid!"

Thanks,

Stymie

Reactions: Nicekid76

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Graphic Designer - Are you referring to the YT Studio app? Mine doesn't show 'Discovery' at the top. Neither does the regular YouTube app. (I did find 'Traffic Source Types' in the YT Studio on using my laptop.)

Gaijillionaire - If I do what you say, will the trailer be visible? Will people be watching it, or not?
Yes I’ve done it. It won’t appear anywhere else and will be an accurate count of people who visited the homepage.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
AHHHH beat me to it. I have been doing that for years, it also boosts a videos view count too. If that means anything to you.
I pretty sure unlisted videos help you channel view count. You can only see those views from the video link or youtube studio. If you private or unlist all your videos you channel view count will drop to 0.

Reactions: RidingWithStymie