How long does it take you to make a Youtube video?

How long does it take you to editing 1 youtube video

• Total voters

Quinterious Felder

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wanted to start a little chat things, ha.

It takes me about 6 hour all together. that includes filming and editing, and getting prepared for a youtube video. But it takes me an hour or two to get everything together (lights, camera, topics) 30 mins or less to film and the rest goes into editing.

How long does it take you to make a Youtube video? looking forward to reading all the Replies!

GamerKeebzy

A Wild Keebzy Appears!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
depends on the kind of vid lol, like vlogs, bout 30mins to record, edit and upload, sketches anything from 1 hour to a week, gameplay vids, bout 2-3hours. all depends on the length and the amount of editing involved :D

MattsMindMeld

Our Minds are now one
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Depends on the kind of video for me too, on my short Thoughts with Matt videos I have those down to a science and can get one shelled out in 15 to 20 minutes easy and that's everything start to upload. But on my music stuff I spend quite a bit of time working out the audio tracks and then working on the video itself.

thechalkboy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, mine can range from 5 mins to a week

iSoCoooL

Entertaining The Masses
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Haha woow I feel pathetic. All of you guys spend really long on your videos (You can tell you do :) )

I'll probably take a few minutes getting ready to Vlog and just thinking about what I'm going to say then I'll record the Vlog which usually lasts about 8 minutes haha.

Then I'll just edit it which can take roughly 20 minutes or less depending on how motivated I am haha.

Voice of Vanessa

Dimple-Smiles <3
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Filming + Editing ...umm like 5hrs - 9hrs....i'm always getting distracted or hungry...!

Thexwildxguitarist

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Usually takes me a couple hours to completely master a new song. Then depending on number of tracks, 15-45 minutes to record. Then syncing audio and video in imovie takes 10 minutes. If I have to split screen, or triple screen, it takes around 30 minutes to export and reimport videos for each part of the split screen. The longest video took me all day (like 11:00AM-7PM) to learn, record, and split screen.
Shortest took 20 minutes.

WuddupCJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
With my gameplays if they are just highlights with live commentary then it only takes the time it took to play the game then the time mulling over the footage, so probably about 1-2 hours tops for those videos. But for my higher effort videos that takes quite a bit of time since I have to get the footage that correlates with what I want to discuss, then create graphics, edit everything down, and then do voice overs. So those usually take 4+ hours but every time I learn a new tip or trick that helps me work a little faster or become a little more organized so I think it's worth the effort even if I don't get many views. I suppose that is where it really comes down to doing this stuff for yourself and not for the approval of others.

I am planning on doing some minecraft skinning tutorials that I just keep putting off because they seem so daunting having to do all the screen capturing and then editing through hours of footage. Definitely is going to take a few hours of planning before I can even start on those hah.

davion100

Awesome Let's Plays
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
2 hours, 3 if i screw up somewhere.