How long did it take you to get to 1k subscribers?

Worth it dudes

Reaction score
HI all,
started our games & movie review in June 2017 and i feel that movement is slow with subscribers :(
how long did it take you guys to reach 1k subs ? also any advice for a new channel would be massively appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm at 985 views today after 2 months. I think it will top 1k by tomorrow :)

Your link didn't work by the way else I'd have checked out your Youtube channel. I like your channel name.. assuming its the same as your yttalk name?

I think gaming is hard to do as there are just so many of them doing the same stuff. Maybe try and think of something unique that you can offer?

how many subs are you at? you didnt say. Just keep going anyway. And you need to enjoy making your content. Hopefully you do? otherwise theres no point.

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
My genre is different from yours then again there are lots of lego channels out there making it very competitive. So one approach i had was going in very niche, just purely lego mechs and in addition showing people to actually how to build it as well. So you have to find your unique point or USP (unique selling proposition). Or you can go in for something like this 'New to XXX game, here are the basics. Or how to beat XXX boss using YYY weapon etc'

Reactions: UhoohExtra

TalkFandomToMe

The Cake Is a Lie!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
According to my videos, I got to 1k subs about a month after starting.

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Two or three months if I recall. Then growth fluctuated with how active I was. It died down completely when I took a break for a few months recently. Now it's slowly coming back up now that I'm active again. Dunno, just be active on YouTube I guess, both posting on yours and watching/commenting on others'.

TrapLordGamer9

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Idk, I just started a channel tonight. So I hope not to long.

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Idk, I just started a channel tonight. So I hope not to long.
Hey, sorry, just noticed you mentioned you just started and your channel tag was your username. You won't be able to /yourusername til you get 100 subs I think is what it was, so when people click that link it will lead to a channel not found until then. You need to use the channel/efnkj3qfnjkewqfnkjqwnf whatever it does until then.

Reactions: TrapLordGamer9

TrapLordGamer9

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey, sorry, just noticed you mentioned you just started and your channel tag was your username. You won't be able to /yourusername til you get 100 subs I think is what it was, so when people click that link it will lead to a channel not found until then. You need to use the channel/efnkj3qfnjkewqfnkjqwnf whatever it does until then.
Thanks for the tip.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I haven´t gotten 1.000 subscribers yet, and it seems like it will be a long time before I get there!
But the view count is getting bigger, I reached my goal of getting over 41.000 views by the end of the year, and I could maybe even reach 42.000 by the end of the year.

Reactions: TrapLordGamer9

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I dunno, I've yet to do it.
My hope is that I'll get past 1K sometime during 2018, especially since I'll be uploading more frequently and on a strict schedule.