How long did it take you to get to 100 subscribers?

BestNerdLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Super interesting to hear everyone's replies. I don't know about you but I think it's fantastic that people are working hard on their passion projects. Whether it's working towards 100, 1000 or 100,000! I've been uploading for just over a month and I have 44 subs. Thanks for contributing!

Reactions: Bruman

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Super interesting to hear everyone's replies. I don't know about you but I think it's fantastic that people are working hard on their passion projects. Whether it's working towards 100, 1000 or 100,000! I've been uploading for just over a month and I have 44 subs. Thanks for contributing!

that seems about right for an average youtuber! I believe it will get easier and time goes on as long as youre consistent. I honestly would focus on views as well. practicing tags and how to be on top search. it comes with time, but i think I am figuring it out for myself and dirtbikes. I am starting to see a pattern on what topics, tags, generes will get the most views. more views = more subs YT also sees your channel is up and rising and will most likely start recommending your videos to other peeps as time goes on. then eventually becomes a snowball effect. subs and views becomes better and grows.

when i first started i got around 40 views in about 2 weeks. 6/7 months in...i get about 100 - 200 views in a few days...its not a lot but its a sure sign of growing, something you should look at as well. hope that helps!

Ater

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not exactly sure because for the first few years my channel was just for uploading videos of interest for myself and a group of friends. So I was uploading videos for a long time without the goal of reaching other people then my friends.

I uploaded my first video not just intended for my friends 30 October 2015. According to social blade I had 20 subs early December the same year (as far back as social blade goes for my channel) and from that point it took me about 7 months to go from 20-100 subs. It took me about 2 years and 2 months to go from 100 - 1000 subs. From that just 9 months to go from 1000 - 2000.

When I started doing videos with the public in mind I was a lot less serious about YouTube then I am today. I didn't use thumbnails for some time and when I started using thumbnails they where pretty crappy. It was not until late 2017 I started to get a bit more serious about YouTube, trying to get better thumbnails, reading up on stuff, seo, titles, tags descriptions. I have also taken long breaks from YouTube every year where I didn't upload any new videos for months.

IvyKolbs

Reaction score
Depends on the type of channel but it took me about a month, but it kept growing more after that.

KennyT

Reaction score
Well i'm at 4 subs and i have been posting for like a month, around that, but since i make like one video a week since i don't have time to make more, i think that is one of my problems, so from the responses i have seen here i think it depends on that, how active you are in the platform will reflect your subscribers, and the topic itself also, a person that is covering "how to make youtube videos" will probably get more attention then a guy posting "how to grow cactus".

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
It took me about a year, maybe some more. In the beginning it all went very slowly and I didn't know which direction I wanted to go. Two and a half year later I'm at 500 subs.

Reactions: ithinkitskasper

rahlan24

Reaction score
i haven't even get to a 100 sub yet, so idk about this. i know is very hard to get there.