How I Overcame Video Game Addiction - Stop Game Addiction in 3 Easy steps

artiflex

Live life and express yourself.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

2 years ago I was very addicted to playing video games. I would spend 4 hours each day playing games and the whole day thinking about it.

At some point I became very addicted to gaming, and started to give money to it. At got so far that I had spend around 7000 euros to gaming over the years. Because I always wanted to be the best in video games. Also due to my gaming addiction I got 2 years behind on school. 2 years ago I decided to make a change, I quit games and gave away all my consoles.

I actually had a lot of relapses because I had still installized games on my computer and I still played games at my friends place.

How did I overcame video game addiction?
It is very easy, you just have to follow the 3 steps.

1. Deinstallize / Delete all your games and sell your consoles. (Selling will give you some extra money to do other stuff.)

2. Replace your addiction by a healthy habbit.

3. Stick to this for at least 30-60 days. Then it will become a habbit and take less willpower.

This sounds easy but it will take a lot of willpower when you are bored. You got to be strong when the urge is the greatest. But you can do this.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Stick to do and I promise you, it will get better and you will not be stuck with your addictions.

Keep it up. PEACE