How I got 150 Subs in the last 28 days.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I thought I would share some of my strategies since they seem to be working fairly well for me.

Let's start with demotivation. It will never be enough. I have earned 509 subs in 90 days, 150 in 28 days and 25 the last 7 days. This growth is more then I could ever imagined, and yet I still find myself unsatisfied. I honestly feel like I "deserve 10k+ subs. but thats a different conversation lol" I think this is like winning the lottery. You win 1 million and your happy for a week. Then you realize the same problems you had before the lottery still exist after the lottery. We are highly adaptive to our environment. YouTube is addicting, keep this in mind.

Strategy #1: Engage with your audience. Whether you have 1 sub or 10,000. Your subscribers are your loyal champions and should be treated as such. I learned this tip from a Markiplier reddit post. They are the ones that will share your videos at their school, to their families etc... For me, I featured their video game bases in my videos and talked about them, and thanked them for their support. I reply to every comment, email, tweet etc... Without them I am nothing.

Strategy #2: Learn how to get better. If your not growing, then you are not being found. If you are being found and have lots of views but low subs, I assume your quality or consistency is lacking. If you have high subs, and low views then you need to get better at SEO.

Strategy #3: SEO!!! LEARN IT, LIVE IT. Read everything you can on SEO. Use Google Keyword Planner when you are board. Did you know "Clash of Clans" has 20 million searches per month, "America" only has 1 million.
Just wait when you find out that "OMG MY VLOG blah blah" only has 1,000 views per month... That is why your not getting views.. No one is searching for you.

Strategy #4: Get the best equipment one piece at a time and learn to master it before splurging on another. Only after you have done the previous steps. What's the point of a high quality camera or microphone, if noone is watching your videos?

Strategy #5: Be flexible. Don't be afraid of being perfect. Experiment while you have 12 subscribers. Learn what you are good at. Go where the views are. Do the dumb challenges. Read the news (GASP). Use Google Trends. Example: I used it last week. I found that Oculus Rift being sold at Best buy was a trending topic. 30 minutes later I had a crappy video out about the subject, and got 300 views fairly quickly. This was an experiment and it brought some fresh eyes to my channel.

Hopefully this is a realistic helpful piece that you can use.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Thank you for the strategies. I upload my videos consistently and that's how I am growing steadily. Improving my quality as well as sound quality every time. SEO also makes a huge difference in video search. I use TUBE BUDDY for better SEO. WE SHOULD BE OURSELF AND UNIQUE.

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's the point of a high quality camera or microphone, if noone is watching your videos?
obviously theres a limit haha if your using bandicam at 440p with the watermark and using a desk mic that you are peaking every 5 seconds then i doubt anyone would watch either lol

Jenelly

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
hey good tips,
I also have a question, I was doing research to see when is a good time to make videos public and seen this site that shows what times are best to post 2015
do you know if these times to make videos public are still accurate and possible perhaps the best times to make videos public still??

h

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Id take what it says with a grain of salt the gradual increase on the graph is obvious of course more people watch at the weekend lol but like on a weekend when hundreds of thousands of people are not at school or work how will ''prime time'' only be 9am to 11am EST? seems a little off.

Reactions: Jenelly

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good tips! I find that just keeping at it does so much for gaining an audience. Uploading, promoting, getting the word out there, being good to your audience, it all counts.

Plague Ephlik

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
This SEO is probably punching me in the face. I guess I should finally read up and see where i'm messin up. Without mistagging I've always thought I've used good enough ones that make sense.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
obviously theres a limit haha if your using bandicam at 440p with the watermark and using a desk mic that you are peaking every 5 seconds then i doubt anyone would watch either lol
Content is very important too, it can trump some of the other items. Obviously people will want high quality crisp video and audio, but that is not always the most important factor. This is my most viewed video, it has black bars on the sides and has a max resolution of 240p. I'm sure if I was still in the Navy I'd have videos with millions of views, I would have posted my GoPro in front of the gun to get a view most people will never see. I would have also mounted my GoPro ON the gun to get a first person view of it shooting.
240p.jpg

GamingRack

GamingRack
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yeah i mean in the sense of consistent content while anything can generate alot of views not many people will stick around very long if all your videos are 240p and again have pants audio lol its just not that nice to watch all the time

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
yeah i mean in the sense of consistent content while anything can generate alot of views not many people will stick around very long if all your videos are 240p and again have pants audio lol its just not that nice to watch all the time
yeah for a consistent audience rather than one time viewers, you want to keep the quality high. For the past couple years my quality has been very high after getting a GoPro and a newer iPhone. I found some old footage shot on my old iPhone and uploaded it not too long ago. The lighting is terrible and the sharpness sucks, I got 5 dislikes in less than 30 views! Those had to have been subs too because I didn't try to promote that video like a lot of my other videos.