How honest should I be to my viewers?

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
My opinion is to not make yourself seem better than you really are. Viewers like transparency. If you are a terrible player, then definitely edit out mistakes. No video should be "perfect". Mistakes are natural, and always happen.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, be as clear and honest as possible. I crap on myself and my channel all the time because it's more important to be honest than try to inflate your image. And also, don't fake laugh or fake reactions. I guess a lot of people can't really tell, but maybe the human race will catch on one day and collectively cringe at inauthentic ones.

Reactions: Your Buddy Gas

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah, be as clear and honest as possible. I crap on myself and my channel all the time because it's more important to be honest than try to inflate your image. And also, don't fake laugh or fake reactions. I guess a lot of people can't really tell, but maybe the human race will catch on one day and collectively cringe at inauthentic ones.
Also, if you fake laugh or react, you WILL get bored at some point in your "career." Just be yourself, and people will respect that. The people I respect the most explicate this, as well as being a leader and not following the crowd.

Reactions: daniel burgio

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Also, if you fake laugh or react, you WILL get bored at some point in your "career." Just be yourself, and people will respect that. The people I respect the most explicate this, as well as being a leader and not following the crowd.
Well, i'm not myself when I record video's, but still my reaction is still representative of who I'm (exept that I should improve my voice). That's why I tried to by myself in my last video even tough I knew how the story for the whole video would go on for the rest of the video. Next video I will be myself (obviously). And will not know what happens or what I have to do in the game i'm currently playing :)

And of course I'm not following the crowd. I won't talk about Idubbz exposing Ricegum and Leafy just for getting lots of views. I want ideas that are completely of my own (even if the type of content is not original) and some suggestions of my subs, so I can show my kind of personality I have and which type of games I like to my subscribers.