How does Youtube deal with fake traffic (botting) and censorship?

SunaGuidesPL

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm in a pickle.

I suspect one, big Youtuber of using bots to create fake, low effort comments, in order to generate traffic on his channel. Same accounts keep posting things like "great", "like" etc. on nearly every video. Those accounts have no content on their channel, just 1 sub. This particular Youtuber also deletes every negative comment on his channel. Not talking hate nor foul language - ANY criticism is wiped out, basically. False marketing and traffic.

My question is, how does Youtube deal with it, if at all? What can be done with it? Is there any way to check/scan/get proof? Or should I just ignore it and accept it's a common practic? Is it okay to delete every negative comment there is? Feels like cheating, in my humble opinion.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3otters

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If it doesn't affect you, ignore and move on. If they're using bots, YouTube will figure it out at some point.

Reactions: SunaGuidesPL

SunaGuidesPL

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
First of all, thank you, guys for taking the time to reply.

If it doesn't affect you, ignore and move on. If they're using bots, YouTube will figure it out at some point.
Well, I commented on few videos of his and got shadowbanned, as a result. So it does affect me, actually.

Roger that. I'm doubtful Youtube will do something about it, to be honest. We all know, big Youtubers have the upper hand in many situations.

If they are using bots to generate traffic - why would they delete posts? All posts help generate traffic. Doesn't add up. But yeah, YT will probably catch them, if they are botting.
Either he's not aware that all posts (negative and positive) generate traffic or he simply believes only positive comments are much more impactful than few deleted negative ones. Regardless, it's a censorship.

Yeah, I hope.

The only person you have control over is you. Focus on you.
No argument here. Few people suggested it may backfire (his fans could flood me with dislikes and negative comments at his will), so it's probably better to move on and ignore it.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Well, I commented on few videos of his and got shadowbanned, as a result. So it does affect me, actually.

Roger that. I'm doubtful Youtube will do something about it, to be honest. We all know, big Youtubers have the upper hand in many situations.
Unless you're using their comment section to try and attract people to your channel it really doesn't in the long run. It sounds like their community isn't one you'd wanna be apart of anyways.

Big youtubers have the upper hand yes, but stuff like botting is something youtube hates more than anything, I've seen more than a few channels get axed from it lol. I'd say if you're really worried about it then report the channel and move on. Not much else you can do, and his botting doesn't affect your content. People notice things like bot comments and low effort videos and they don't tend to like them much.

Reactions: SunaGuidesPL

SunaGuidesPL

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Unless you're using their comment section to try and attract people to your channel it really doesn't in the long run. It sounds like their community isn't one you'd wanna be apart of anyways.

Big youtubers have the upper hand yes, but stuff like botting is something youtube hates more than anything, I've seen more than a few channels get axed from it lol. I'd say if you're really worried about it then report the channel and move on. Not much else you can do, and his botting doesn't affect your content. People notice things like bot comments and low effort videos and they don't tend to like them much.
I just said hello and got kicked out. It's hard to fathom why would he consider me a competition of some sort. I have 90 subs, he has 600K. I may have more gaming experience though (since I play hard games mostly and he does LPs on easy difficulty only). Well, he's the best Polish Youtuber when it comes to LPs in the eyes of many + his viewers are gamers, so I wanted to introduce myself, at least.

Thanks for the advice. Yes, that's the thing - not much I can do. Truth to be told, that irks me. Also the fact, he shadowbanned me for no reason (?), I was barely introducing myself. Some people do notice things like bot comments. Most people don't, I'm afraid.

Majority of people told me to let go and stand down. I'm a fighter type, but this battle can't be won, it seems.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I'm a fighter type, but this battle can't be won, it seems.
What's to win? YouTube gives the channel owners full control over what comments stay and which ones are deleted. For whatever reason, they chose to use that ability to delete you.

You're upset that a channel did something that YouTube grants them the full ability to do.

Reactions: Krisfire

SunaGuidesPL

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
What's to win? YouTube gives the channel owners full control over what comments stay and which ones are deleted. For whatever reason, they chose to use that ability to delete you.

You're upset that a channel did something that YouTube grants them the full ability to do.
Thanks for taking the time to comment again. Much appreciated!

What's to win? Free speech. Equity. Fairness. Justice. Simply put, make Youtube a better place.

Sad times, if you can block someone for no reason. Discrimination plus true censorship - even if you behave and act friendly. Moreover, why am I unable to appeal? I can appeal if someone reports my video for instance, yet I can't when it comes to the one and only, unjustified shadowban. Yes, the rules. Some could use an improvement, in my humble opinion.

In your understanding, if YouTube gives full control over comments/allows treating/blocking people like that, then his actions are justified and okay? Really?

I'm upset because I want to talk with the other players, engage, share my 20 years of gaming experience, help and am unable to. And most of his fans probably don't have a clue about his "deceptive practices".

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are a million other channels to go to. I seriously do not see a problem here. There is plenty of community to talk to - on other channels. It sounds like you are just looking for a problem.

Reactions: Krisfire