How do YouTube find videos to talk about before anyone else?

Jtmane1

Reaction score
Pretty much just want to know how people (primarily reaction channels) find videos to talk about. Ik you you can just search and find some but I see so many youtubers that find channels that I haven’t even heard of. So was just wondering how they hear about stuff before a lot of other viewers do.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi, congrats on 1st post
someone with lots of experience in a specific task is likely to performs much better at it vs someone with little to no experience
does that make sense?

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have a hobby, try to think of some way to apply the hobby in a unique way. For example, there are several vids about Quadraphonic 8-track tapes, and there are TONS of videos about surround sound receivers, but I currently have the only vid about hooking a quadraphonic 8-track up to a surround sound receiver.

If you are into vintage anything (tech, tools, collectibles) then there is a chance that something you already own has NOT been demonstrated on YouTube. I have the ONLY video about the Televonic Mono to Stereo HiFi adapter, for example. I have also posted unique content for several video stabilizers made in the 1980s and early 90s.

Even with not so vintage stuff, just do a search. I was the first to review the Urceri MT-912 light meter.

I was 2nd, not 1st, with a review of the Campark V30 Action Camera. Basically I had two tabs open, one with Amazon, one with YouTube. I went down the list of 4K Action Cams with image stabilization until I found that the Campark V30 was under-represented. I reached out to them, and they sent me a review sample.

And finally, if you can't be the 1st, then be the BEST. Create the best video, thumbnail, title, and description of the topic that you are covering, and you will have the click-through rates and audience retention to rise to the top!