How do you think of your video ideas when you’re in a rut

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am completely stumped on video ideas. In april I uploaded a video every single day and that was so stressful so no way am I doing that again. But because of that I had to think of a new video every single day, which I was able to do somehow. But now that I’m no longer having to constantly think of a video I just can’t think of any ideas anymore. I’m really stuck with my channel right now and have no idea what to do with it... I can’t think of video ideas, I can’t think of a niche, I’m just completely stumped on what to do right now.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In april I uploaded a video every single day and that was so stressful
wow that does sound stressful
I’m just completely stumped on what to do right now
keep a paperPen/cellphone handy, when idea comes to mind write it down
I just can’t think of any ideas anymore
sounds like you are burnt out, I been doing a lot of editing at work so haven't made a video on my own channel in 21days, last one took a month to make, anywho - take it as a lesson, relax, enjoy life a bit, go biking/hiking/chill with friends

Reactions: BrettTaylorYT

ThriftyAV

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a file I keep on Google Docs where I jot down ideas when they come to me. Daily published content can cause burnout. It might also be overkill for your audience. I do one or two a week, and ideas come to me faster than I create videos, so I have an ever increasing list of ideas to pull from.

One thing you might do is to mine your own archive. Was there anything that you briefly touched on in a prior video that could be expanded upon in a deeper dive? Is there anything you said or did in a prior video that you can say or do better now? Also, you might look at what has been most popular from your archive. If it was a popular topic once, it can be popular again. You don't have to redo the vid, just find a way to approach the same topic from a slightly different angle. I hope you can get out of your rut.

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I upload like once every two months because of this problem. I think it's a good idea to come up with a cool video concept than to try and rush something out.
Since I have a gaming channel the way I get myself out of a rut is just playing games, if I find something I want to talk about, then I got a new video.

AntsDeKing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I usually keep a list of things of some things I want to try out, it sometimes the idea can just instantly come to you, and i try to pounce on it whenever possible!

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Uploading a video every single day can be exhausting and can quickly lead to a burn out. My advice is that you should take some time off, relax and then come back with a planned schedule. I don't know how long your videos are and how much work is required to get them done but once or twice a week is a fairly realistic goal. For example, i upload videos every Tuesday and every second Saturday. That way i get one week of hard work and one week that's relatively chill.

As for the ideas, i create a work of fiction and i have enough script to last me 6 years. I suppose it's an advantage but i don't think most Youtubers plan that far. Some have the next few weeks/months planned, others improvise based on what's trending. If i were you i would write down enough ideas to last you at least three months. That way you don't have to worry about not being able to come up with the next video.

Hope it helps. :)

HeresJonnyy

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im not sure if this will help for you, but i just use youtube search results and note down every idea that i get from the search results or what i think of while doing this.

Remember, every idea is a good idea. just because you come up with a random one doesnt mean it will or wont do good.

Hope this helps and i hope you get out of rut soon! Take care <3