How do you stay upbeat/non-mono-tone in your videos?

TheTNGMen

I'm Just a Meme Machine
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lot's and lot's of Dr. Pepper....

Now if you want to actually live a longer life and not lose to those damn, delicious...mouthwatering calories, then you need to play what you like/ what personally hypes you up.

If you sound like you are having to go through tooth surgery while playing a game most people like, you aren't going to have to great of a time. But if you love the heck out of a game and you are super hyped to play it, other people will get hyped vicariously through you~

Overall moral of the story GET HYPED.... about what you like~

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lot's and lot's of Dr. Pepper....

Now if you want to actually live a longer life and not lose to those damn, delicious...mouthwatering calories, then you need to play what you like/ what personally hypes you up.

If you sound like you are having to go through tooth surgery while playing a game most people like, you aren't going to have to great of a time. But if you love the heck out of a game and you are super hyped to play it, other people will get hyped vicariously through you~

Overall moral of the story GET HYPED.... about what you like~
Great advice, thanks :)

jamiedoesthings

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I know I haven't reached an ideal level for myself yet, but it's coming with practice. The best thing is you get to look back at your own videos and analyse it. For me it was like "wow, I sound really quiet/boring" - I didn't realise I was coming across that way (probably partly due to nerves) so I got to practise speaking more loudly and clearly and it spilled over into real life too! It really does come with practise. If you want to sound more upbeat just look at what you're doing "wrong" right now and try and think about it while you're next recording.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Don't fret, my lovely! It'll all come with time.

When I first started, I was still getting used to the camera and talking in front of it without feeling like a total knob, so I didn't really act like myself. But after a while, it became part of my routine and it didn't feel so strange anymore!

Honestly, I think it's a lot easier to sound enthusiastic when you're talking about something you really love, whether that's a game or a particular topic. But overall, just keep practicing and don't beat yourself up if you don't sound exactly like your favourite YouTubers. They've been doing it for years and if you compare them now to their oldest work you'll see just how much they've improved.

Give it time, and don't give up. <3

Reactions: Mattaxol

User_36336

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You should watch few of my oldest videos and few of my newest videos and there you'll see a change. Maybe not on the talking part but the overall quality/content

My friend told me to add a music because it adds up a mood or some type and when I did try it, it really did change a lot :bounce:

So I suggest trying it out sometimes?

Seebeard

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Animator
Just to reference one of your videos, I'm gonna use "YOU CANNOT DIE! GMOD-Deathrun #1". I wouldn't call that monotone, I like your personality and your comments. Personality, I'd suggest not shooting for over the top excited if that's not really who you are. We have enough of that on YouTube already. I think it's better to just play something you're naturally excited about, something you'd play even if you weren't filming and comments will come naturally. It's also about how you edit it together. I like your edits on that video, it shows your personality even when you're quite. So that's a good way to fill in the gaps. Otherwise, if you just wanna get more comfortable in front of a mic, you just have to do it more, it'll come to you.

McCoob

Young Scientist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I learnt how to speak by making videos and listening to others. It just takes some practice.

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Don't fret, my lovely! It'll all come with time.

When I first started, I was still getting used to the camera and talking in front of it without feeling like a total knob, so I didn't really act like myself. But after a while, it became part of my routine and it didn't feel so strange anymore!

Honestly, I think it's a lot easier to sound enthusiastic when you're talking about something you really love, whether that's a game or a particular topic. But overall, just keep practicing and don't beat yourself up if you don't sound exactly like your favourite YouTubers. They've been doing it for years and if you compare them now to their oldest work you'll see just how much they've improved.

Give it time, and don't give up. <3
Thank you so much. Really helps, thanks :) <3[DOUBLEPOST=1455791427,1455791302][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just to reference one of your videos, I'm gonna use "YOU CANNOT DIE! GMOD-Deathrun #1". I wouldn't call that monotone, I like your personality and your comments. Personality, I'd suggest not shooting for over the top excited if that's not really who you are. We have enough of that on YouTube already. I think it's better to just play something you're naturally excited about, something you'd play even if you weren't filming and comments will come naturally. It's also about how you edit it together. I like your edits on that video, it shows your personality even when you're quite. So that's a good way to fill in the gaps. Otherwise, if you just wanna get more comfortable in front of a mic, you just have to do it more, it'll come to you.
Yeah. Thank you so much man, that helps a ton. Glad you really went in depth with your reply. Thank you :)

Americanclue

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I Personally do some crazy excercize before starting or some weird voice....weird right

Reactions: Kyle GWG

Kyle GWG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's just something you have to develop over time. My old videos I almost sound uninterested in what is going on, but it might be because I switched from a let's play style more of a funny moments style, so I don't have to worry about filling up 15 minutes with commentary, I can just pick and choose what I think is funny.