How do you stay upbeat/non-mono-tone in your videos?

NothingToDoCrew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just don't get it. I'm working on it, but I see YouTubers like JackSepticEye and pewdiepie who're just so upbeat and exciting in their videos.

I've seen some of jack's old videos where he was so quiet like me. How did he change?

Is it a thing you gain overtime? Do they just drink a lot of energy drinks? xD

Any tips for staying exciting maybe you've picked up over your time of being a YouTuber?
If you are not excited/enthusiastic about a video you are making, then chances are your viewers wont be either. I made a real life version of Mario Kart and while doing a DIY video explaining our karts I was all hyped up because it was a good time (and im sure my views will reflect that). Then while doing a vlog that i wasn't all that excited about making, you could really tell in my video and it tanked

Reactions: Mattaxol

TopScienceFacts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Please don't try and be as "upbeat" as JackSepticEye and pewdiepie.

In my opinion JackSepticEye has literally one of the most stupid over the top voices on youtube!

Be genuine not fake, you wont make it on youtube trying to be like someone else if they already exist!

Razz_

Made you look didn't eye #gottem
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
well one, does the subject you talk about or whatever in your videos excite you? i remember when i started out doing like tutorials they didn't really excite me i wasn't truly having fun even some of my commentaries were not fun.it was only when i truly enjoyed making YouTube videos, i myself, started to open up. but if you are having fun, just a problem releasing it just practice being silly around your friends or your siblings or just when your just playing a game. but don't force it as well, ppl will see the falseness or how fake it is. and if your worried about being silly and ppl judging u (idk u may be) then just look at alllllll the top YouTubers ...... they are all so Flipping ridiculous and silly ppl love it embrace it man. but if you really just having trouble embracing it take your time and you'll get there just don't give up man!! :happy:

Safety Turtle

Turtle Power!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I think it also kinda has to fit the sort of videos you do...I try to be as relaxed as I can and I think it's more fitting to me and my channel than being over enthusiastic...besides, the channel name is "Safety Turtle", seems a relaxed approach fits ^^

One of the youtubers I follow is VaatiVidya, and he's got a slower pace to his videos and it really fits his voice and the type of videos he does.
I actually don't think I've subbed to any gaming channel that's "like PewDiePie" in their commentary style...not everyone is into the overhyped type.

Kendra

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, sometimes it helps to just act like you are talking to a friend instead of a camera, mic, etc. That really did the trick for me, because at first I was super shy and nervous!

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Please don't try and be as "upbeat" as JackSepticEye and pewdiepie.

In my opinion JackSepticEye has literally one of the most stupid over the top voices on youtube!

Be genuine not fake, you wont make it on youtube trying to be like someone else if they already exist!
Yeah, understand that but I'm not really that great at staying energetic when talking, compared to when I'm actually like in a gunfight hyped as f**k and yelling xD[DOUBLEPOST=1455606473,1455606410][/DOUBLEPOST]
well one, does the subject you talk about or whatever in your videos excite you? i remember when i started out doing like tutorials they didn't really excite me i wasn't truly having fun even some of my commentaries were not fun.it was only when i truly enjoyed making YouTube videos, i myself, started to open up. but if you are having fun, just a problem releasing it just practice being silly around your friends or your siblings or just when your just playing a game. but don't force it as well, ppl will see the falseness or how fake it is. and if your worried about being silly and ppl judging u (idk u may be) then just look at alllllll the top YouTubers ...... they are all so Flipping ridiculous and silly ppl love it embrace it man. but if you really just having trouble embracing it take your time and you'll get there just don't give up man!! :happy:
Thanks man, helps a lot :)[DOUBLEPOST=1455606522][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly, sometimes it helps to just act like you are talking to a friend instead of a camera, mic, etc. That really did the trick for me, because at first I was super shy and nervous!
Yeah, agreed[DOUBLEPOST=1455606583][/DOUBLEPOST]
Easy answer. Beer.
YES :sneaky2:

Reactions: Razz_

DCubed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always felt you should do it whichever way makes you feel more comfortable. If you've got the energy of Pewdiepie and JackSepticEye, then go for it and be a great personality that people can get behind.

But sometimes you can have the monotone voice and still get people listening to you. I listen and watch Cr1tikal (penguinz0) is has a very low voice that at first sounds non-interested at first, but his quick wit and jokes have made me a fan.

For me personally, I like to play video games with friends and interact with them and the game. It makes the talking and conversations much more easier.

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I always felt you should do it whichever way makes you feel more comfortable. If you've got the energy of Pewdiepie and JackSepticEye, then go for it and be a great personality that people can get behind.

But sometimes you can have the monotone voice and still get people listening to you. I listen and watch Cr1tikal (penguinz0) is has a very low voice that at first sounds non-interested at first, but his quick wit and jokes have made me a fan.

For me personally, I like to play video games with friends and interact with them and the game. It makes the talking and conversations much more easier.
Agreed. Thanks :D