How do you promote your video on Facebook?

Little World View

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From what I have been reading on here so far it seems like the best thing to do is to upload the video directly to FB instead of sharing the URL. I'm wondering though where do you post the videos? On your fan page? Personal page? Or the FB groups?

Cheers!

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I post a link on our fan page. Perhaps 10-20% of people who liked the page see it, due to Facebook algorithms.
I also share or post a copy to my personal page, and my wife's page. There perhaps 30% see if due to the interactivity factors of the Facebook algorithm. FB is getting greedy and wants you to pay $$ for other and friends to see your posts.
I have not tried FB groups, but other groups I am a part of (indie author, amazon self publishers), just get bombarded with self promotional links. Interactivity seems low. What appears popular is all the cat videos, weird top lists, celebrity stuff, all that.
Posting a video natively is an option I would consider when Facebook decides to share the revenue they will make from your videos. Sure you may gain exposure for your brand by double posting your videos to Facebook, but you have to consider how many people will click-over to YT from FB and if that traffic is worth the revenue that FB makes at your expense without sharing with you. Add to this the fact they want you to pay decent money for your friends to see your posts, I avoid FB.

Last edited:

Commander Skull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Cartoonist, Animator
Facebook has a s****y algorithm if I am you I would avoid it altogether unless its to post your videos to a few friends. Like they want you to pay them in order for FB to promote your video to your subscribers/people who have liked the page.
Which is bull...

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Facebook is one of the last places I promote my videos. It still gives me traffic and helps promote my E-book (which promotes my videos), but I don't rely on it.

HereBeBarr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I actually have had some good success on FB in a few areas:
1) I post on specific travel related groups which have in the past gotten me clicks.
2) I have a fan page and FB lets you advertise with it to certain markets. Example: I created a video about a bad airline experience I had. The airline had an awful track record in Spain (Barcelona) in particuluar. I took out a $10 FB ad targeted to travel minded people in Barcelona (suggested post) and I got over 300 clicks for it, comments and a few subs.
3) I think a lot of my friends enjoy watching my content and the majority are on facebook.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
2) I have a fan page and FB lets you advertise with it to certain markets. Example: I created a video about a bad airline experience I had. The airline had an awful track record in Spain (Barcelona) in particuluar. I took out a $10 FB ad targeted to travel minded people in Barcelona (suggested post) and I got over 300 clicks for it, comments and a few subs.
You should be able to get a CPC of 1 cent on YT. $10 will get you 1000 views highly targeted. You should be able to pull in 2-6 subs from $10. You'll also get earned views, perhaps 20-60%. So the $10 will get you 1200-1600 views on YT. More targeted and cost effective than FB.
Not saying don't do FB ads, I certainly have used FB ads (for another project not YT related), but for YT you should get a higher return on YT.
Good luck!

HereBeBarr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
How do Youtube ad's work? You chose who you target by age/location like on FB?

IsntChrisL

Easily Distracted
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I used to get a lot more views through facebook but I now I mostly only get exposure if I upload directly to facebook now. I only do it with old videos. I see it as a way to get people interested but facebook is greedy. They need to share ad revenue.

HereBeBarr

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was trying to set up a Youtube ad then it took me to my ad words account after I picked a video ad and made me try to create a written ad for web search which is not what I want at all. How do you get it to let you do only a video search?