How do you investigate trends on YouTube?

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's something I have never done, but it occurred to me today that it might be beneficial to me if I at least sometimes made videos about food that were connected to some food trends.

So, how do I go about this kind of research, and how do I filter for niches like cooking and food?

Thanks.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Colin are you stalking me!!!!!!!!!
I was only Googling for this earlier...........
Apparently the 2018 trend for food is "plant based meat". Guess having a polluting BBQ channel in 2018 is not going to be fun :(

Reactions: coliwob

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
"It looks like meat, it smells like meat, it cooks like meat and it bleeds like meat, but this burger is entirely plant-based."
I am assuming that it bbq's like real meat too. I am sure you'll be fine.

Good tip tho, I'll have to look into this, I have been looking for a way to do lower calorie burgers for a while (if they are even lower calorie) and if it's really that good, well it could be pretty good for the environment. Is it an actual product yet or something from a fancy restaurant or something?

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It seems the story originated from Waitrose but everyone else seems to be jumping on it.
Quorn is real so I can only imagine someone else has managed to make some.

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
@The BBQ Chef It'll probably just be a flash in the pan, I saw a video with Jeramy Clarkson able to tell the difference, and if he can do that after all those years of smoking, I am guessing it's not quite the impossibility that they say it is. Though, I am talking specifically about "the impossible burger"

I am gonna send the people a mail about it in a few days, and ask if they can send one to me. I doubt they will, you only seem to be able to get that specific one in LA :(

I will give you a bell if I get one tho, it would be good for you to BBQ one on your channel if you can get one.

:D

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@Coliweb Let me know if you get success, I'd be interested. Not entirely sure I'd be interested in eating it but each to their own :)