How do you guys film? Do you DIY or have a cameraman?

How do you film?

• Total voters

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Hello everyone! I'm wondering how you guys film, I get how for gaming videos it's pretty obvious but still feel free to explain our set up as I find it interesting :)
Anyway, for those of you who do cooking, beauty, stories and especially fashion and lookbooks. Do you have a camera person or do you film yourself with a tripod?
For those who do look books, I find it so hard to film by myself because one I'm so shy and nervous to go out of my house to film somewhere prettier but I don't have anyone to film for me so I'm stuck :( lol
Explain your set up and how you do it and share ideas!! :D

thepaulsociety

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I literally stick my camera on a tripod, open my windows, point my lamp at a white piece of paper off to the side and hope for the best haha

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I literally stick my camera on a tripod, open my windows, point my lamp at a white piece of paper off to the side and hope for the best haha
This is also me, except for the piece of paper. Dang I should try that.

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I film myself the majority of the time, or if I'm out and about with a friend, because I do mainly travel and adventure videos, I sometimes get them to film me if I'm somewhere awesome!

thepaulsociety

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is also me, except for the piece of paper. Dang I should try that.
The Paper honestly works miracles! It helps distill the light on your face, and mine is like that weird multi bulb one so I point the white light at the paper and the rest of the lights behind me to give me some contrast to the background. $20 lighting : )

MSgtDiamond

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When I make IRL videos, My Mom is my cameraman sometimes XD

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Paper honestly works miracles! It helps distill the light on your face, and mine is like that weird multi bulb one so I point the white light at the paper and the rest of the lights behind me to give me some contrast to the background. $20 lighting : )

Well... my lighting is 100% au naturel... aka Mr.Sun provides me with some really cool lighting. It might be a little extreme at some times since I can't really change the settings mid recording so yeahhhhh, but for now it's fine haha!

Reactions: thepaulsociety

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I place my camera on my desk, which is perfectly angled and the height is perfect. I also place it on my dresser and on my bed, since right now I don't currently have a tripod. I've been trying to improve my lighting.

Mcrocks9

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do it myself. Wish I had a camera person when I play Pokemon go though

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I put my camera on a tripod. The only light I have is the sunlight. I don't really have any light that I could use to upgrade the quality of my video. which kind of sucks.