How do you get better audio?

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What i do increase the decibels on Sony Vegas. And Lock to stretch and slow it down slightly so it makes your voice slightly deeper. This will also hide any static and background noise if it is not to bad.
I mean, while you could do that if you reeeealy want your voice to be deeper, any pitch or tempo alteration tends to kinda garble your voice making it more unpleasant. I don't know if it only sounds that way to my musician ears, but especially with material where the voice is prominent the artifacts induced with such things get hard to ignore. Plus it might also cause dissonance between your voice and your facecam. So I dunno, use at your own discretion, I guess. I personally don't think there's any need for pitch alteration.[DOUBLEPOST=1480421417,1480421316][/DOUBLEPOST]
Same! Your idea of making songs for video games is really cool, and you've got some serious song writing talent. It's way harder than most people realize, but you do really well with it
Wow, thanks a lot man, I truly appreciate it! I do try my best :)

Reactions: FaceDisgrace

My Dixie ReKt

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean, while you could do that if you reeeealy want your voice to be deeper, any pitch or tempo alteration tends to kinda garble your voice making it more unpleasant. I don't know if it only sounds that way to my musician ears, but especially with material where the voice is prominent the artifacts induced with such things get hard to ignore. Plus it might also cause dissonance between your voice and your facecam. So I dunno, use at your own discretion, I guess. I personally don't think there's any need for pitch alteration.[DOUBLEPOST=1480421417,1480421316][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, thanks a lot man, I truly appreciate it! I do try my best :)
I dont know i think it helps. But it could just be my ears. Also id like to point out that when i meant stretch it i mean just a tiny bit so there is not much difference on the audio but where you can slightly just about notice you have slowed it down ever so slightly

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I dont know i think it helps. But it could just be my ears. Also id like to point out that when i meant stretch it i mean just a tiny bit so there is not much difference on the audio but where you can slightly just about notice you have slowed it down ever so slightly
Oh, ok, I hear ya. I still think it's up to personal preference, and you should do it only if you feel your voice really needs that extra beef. As I said, less is usually more when it comes to audio, any unwarranted alterations tend to make things worse. I've also noticed that some YouTubers tend to do the opposite, they like to speed up their voices ever so slightly, so they sound as if they speak more quickly and dynamically then they actually do. Though they might just do it to emulate Yahtzee :laugh2: