How Do You Find The Time To Write Scripts?

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Any tips on how to make more time to write scripts? I know a lot of people don't use scripts at all, but for most of my content, they are necessary. What are some tips you can give me to make more time for them?

Isox5x

Reaction score
i use a program called celtx when i choose to write which speeds up the process because the format is pretty much done for you. other than that keep your mind on it even when you're not writing that way if you have a good idea when you're doing grocery or something it'll be easier for you to write when the time comes.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I find it's always good to give yourself an outline before you take on anything big like that, and do the details later.

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
i use a program called celtx when i choose to write which speeds up the process because the format is pretty much done for you. other than that keep your mind on it even when you're not writing that way if you have a good idea when you're doing grocery or something it'll be easier for you towrite when the time comes.
Yeah I have Celtx. Great program. Especially since it's free!

zebracloak

I make Movies like I make Friends.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
For my short films, I type out the main dialogue lines and then just use my incredibly well-tuned, unbeatable directing skills to determine what else needs to be said and what lines need to be said differently.

Reactions: TimBarnumComedy

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What's a script? Lol

Seriously though i think that's what would help me go to the next level... Write scripts. This adlibing stuff is hard. Lol

GunsandGonads

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Sticky Notes! I'm about 3/4 through writing a feature. All my characters / sub plots and main arcs are on about a dozen sticky notes across my imac. I try and force myself to write at least a page a day, usually before bed or first thing in the morning I know exactly where the story is going. Other times my room mate and I will sit down on a Sunday afternoon and write stuff out. I find the best thing to do is just start, even if it's only for 15/20 minutes.