how do you edit your videos?

syamoes

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Based on my experience as newbie, I follow below step in creating my videos;

1. Plan what you wanted to film based on your genre. In my case, it is travel.
2. Make a storyboard so that you can capture video in sequence
3. Edit based on your storyboard. For me, I use Filmora as it is user friendly for beginner
4. Seek feedback from friend after uploading it. Make sure you put it on Private mode.
5. Publish once you satisfied with the final production.

Hope it help.

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I started using kdenlive which is a great free suite. Low resources but tons of features.

Right now I kind of map out in my head what I plan on showing and I film it almost in that order. Sometimes I do the voice over on my gameplay at the same time or I will redub a voice over after I put a few clips together. It takes me 2-3 hrs for about 10 minutes.

DinosaurAli94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I have been using Vegas Pro, as they had a 1 month free trial so I thought I'd give it a go. But I have had some troubles, but it's more with my footage than the editing software I think..

Does anyone use screen capture software, and if so what do you use? I have been having trouble editing (I have been using Free Cam) as the quality isn't too good, it will randomly jump parts of the game play that looks fine when I'm in the game, but when I look at the footage afterward it's really choppy and doesn't edit well for things like time lapses. Any advice would be great!

Qwikstreet

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone use screen capture software, and if so what do you use?
Ali-

I use OBS for all my screen capture needs. It works well for streaming too. Its free and very easy to set up. Sometimes I just record gameplay and then I'll go back after editting and just record audio.

DinosaurAli94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Ali-

I use OBS for all my screen capture needs. It works well for streaming too. Its free and very easy to set up. Sometimes I just record gameplay and then I'll go back after editting and just record audio.
Qwikstreet,

Thanks for the tip! I have given it a go, and I think its working much better! I think some aspects might just be that my laptop cant handle having multiple programs open at once. I have been recording some of my audio separately too - but mainly because I keep forgetting what I want to say/get flustered when I do it at the same time :xdblush:

Reactions: Qwikstreet