How do you catalogue raw footage?

santigold

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

So I did some recording at the weekend and now I have 55 video files of varying length and content.

What tricks to people have for categorising them?

It would be great if there was a tool out there where it would index files in a folder and then you could add voice notes + text notes, categorise with tags, group in collections etc?

Free is better ;)

Thanks a lot

Rhody Seth

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I make mostly hiking videos and I generally put the in the video in the same order I recorded so that makes it easier for me. I just dump all the clips from the hike in one folder. If I also recorded footage from another hike that would go in a separate folder. I basically just go through the footage chronologically and put all the clips in my timeline. Then I may move them around to improve the flow of the video.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
you can add memos to video files by using adobe bridge or any video editor vegas, final cut, premiere, etc

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I create new folder for each new project, inside there's an additional vid &or pic folder for original footage/pictures. During editing I delete whatever is not needed or is useless for final video or other projects. You can rename each file to specify what it's about (preferably before editing)