How Do Some Videos Have Hundreds of Likes & Comments Within Minutes?

ash213

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm currently doing some research into YouTube as I want to launch a channel at some point.

Some of the channels I'm researching, every video they upload, within minutes there are hundreds of comments, hundreds of likes. I'm assuming this is in a bid to get the video ranked as high as possible within minutes.

I'm sure this is some kind of automated bot or service they are paying for, but to my knowledge, I don't know what!

If anyone could direct me to the right place that offers these services, or a blueprint that works, please let me know, as eager to actually find out what these guys are doing.

Right or wrong, these guys videos are ranked at the top daily, and channels are years old. I've thought at times it must be dodgy, but if it was, surely YT would wipe their channels out.

Anyways, thanks again guys.

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I watch a youtuber Charlie, or Cr1tikal. I once logged on when his video was 1 minute old, and it already had 78,000 views and 20K likes. By the end of that hour, it was 380K views and 90K likes... he also has almost 10M subs, but one thing he really has? Is a healthy subscriber base.

A healthy sub base is rated at 20% of your subs to views. i.e. if you have 100,000 subs, your average view count should be around 20,000. That rates it as healthy subs.

Anything above that means you are doing amazing on recommendations and other outlets and/or your sub base is REALLY good.

Anything below that means you have a very inactive, bot infested, non engaging sub base. I have 3,400 give or take. I get about 50-60 views in a week. Yeah, I have a horrendous sub base. Unfortunately it is not uncommon. So many subbots and "lets create an account" like something then disappear for 4 years.

Thats all I got.

Reactions: TYTD

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I watch a youtuber Charlie, or Cr1tikal. I once logged on when his video was 1 minute old, and it already had 78,000 views and 20K likes. By the end of that hour, it was 380K views and 90K likes... he also has almost 10M subs, but one thing he really has? Is a healthy subscriber base.

A healthy sub base is rated at 20% of your subs to views. i.e. if you have 100,000 subs, your average view count should be around 20,000. That rates it as healthy subs.

Anything above that means you are doing amazing on recommendations and other outlets and/or your sub base is REALLY good.

Anything below that means you have a very inactive, bot infested, non engaging sub base. I have 3,400 give or take. I get about 50-60 views in a week. Yeah, I have a horrendous sub base. Unfortunately it is not uncommon. So many subbots and "lets create an account" like something then disappear for 4 years.

Thats all I got.
Another thing to bear in mind as well is that some channels will put their content out privately on things like Patreon or have it unlisted for a time so they can specifically control where the content goes, so it might be that they've got a lot of their views before it's officially been set to "Public"

But I agree with JayZippos outlook. I'd heard of the 10% rule (basically the 20% rule but 10% less) and I'd also heard of the "1% Rule" being that in order for the algorithms to even acknowledge your videos existence in the system your video has to acrew 1% of your sub base in views within 24 hours (so for example; 700 subscribers would be 7 views with good engagement liking/commenting etc) im up to just over 725 subs and I average about 40-50 views a video within the first week and then with a few of them i'll get continual growth week on week from there. But I cover a wide range of topics on my channel and some people just sub to me for one specific type of content so that might explain why my view counts a bit lower than i'd like.

But yeh, channels getting a TON of engagement within minutes of going live can be anything from bots, to a healthy sub base, to private screenings to paying to push the video out as an advert. youtube periodically remove bot's and faked views, but they're very sketchy on how,when and why they do this.