How do I get more views on my channel?

KCM Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been trying to make awesome content for the limited time I have to make videos with school and basketball on my main channel. The problem is, no one in my school likes my channel. I want people to comment on my videos, but mainly just watch my videos for a long time. What am I doing wrong? Why are these channels doing better than mine?

Main Channel:
kphiefer

Friend's channels(Channels that are doing better)
Gamerboy Price
Connor Price

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thread moved to the Reviews & Channel Feedback section

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you want people to look at your channel to compare and give you feedback, it belongs in this section.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
First things first, if you want to get more views on your channel, then I suggest you do what @Riddikore says and fix your channel link so people can find you more easily. People aren't going to actively search for something on YouTube unless they really care about it.

Now onto the main point of business:

• You want more views? Promote yourself. Unless you're PewDiePie, views for your latest upload aren't going to come rolling in if you don't tell people about it. Share on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.
  • I watched your Melon Bomber video, which automatically plays when I click on. That's one way of getting the views in. But your audio sucks. There's too much distortion, I can't pick up on everything that you're saying and it genuinely hurt my ears to listen to. Now, I respect that decent microphones and audio software are not cheap. I get that. But with your audio the way it is, you're not going to draw people in. I know you apologised and that's fine, but it is something you'll need to fix.
  • I'm sorry if I come across as mean (I don't mean to), but it feels like you're trying too hard to be "funny" or "cool". Just be yourself - don't reduce your gameplay commentary to random noises. There are already plenty of YouTubers out there who already do that, so focus on what you can do best - being yourself!
  • The channel art is nice and minimalistic - it's straight to the point, which I like. You obviously know what you want to do with your channel, and that's great! Keep doing what you love, and I'm sure the views will come in their own time.
I hope this helps!

KCM Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the thing is my parents don't really like me doing youtube so i can't pay for the right equipment, and I try to always use audacity, but it never really works....

And random noises and stuff like that is really ME i am myself in my videos

And have u seen my other videos after that???

I also can't put a custom link in cause I don't hav 100 subs

And hav you checked out my friend's channel yet and compare mine to their's?

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the thing is my parents don't really like me doing youtube so i can't pay for the right equipment, and I try to always use audacity, but it never really works....

And random noises and stuff like that is really ME i am myself in my videos

And have u seen my other videos after that???

I also can't put a custom link in cause I don't hav 100 subs

And hav you checked out my friend's channel yet and compare mine to their's?
Hi. Yes, I have seen a few of your videos. I found the loud random noises a little annoying - however, that's just my opinion and if that's how you express yourself, don't stop. I'm sure others will see the appeal. We all have different tastes, right?

I've got to be completely honest with you - in writing, you can come across as a little rude. I don't know if you intend to - don't worry, I've been guilty of that too - but that could seriously drive away some potential viewers.

You obviously enjoy YouTube, and that's great. These are just my opinions and I'm sorry if they read as a little harsh. I wish you all the very best with your channel!