How do I edit a video thumbnail picture with me pasted in it?

Starfox

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys as the title says, How exactly do I edit videos so that I can cut out myself from a recording and paste it onto any other background, like you see time and time again on youtube video thumbnails. Here are some examples.

Is it simply cutting images out using photoshop or? A Youtube tutorial on exactly what i need to do would be perfecto :) If any good soul can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sage Plays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im not entirely sure, but i would assume you could just screenshot a picture of you making the video. Then in Photoshop just insert in into the picture you want! Hope i could help a little! Just have to try and see what works.

sir.penguin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Like the post said about. You would just screen shot it and cut your self out,in photo shop or pixlar

Sir_Reyz

The Game Traveler
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you are like me and don't have money for anything... download GIMP. It's the free version of Photoshop. Then you can use the free-select tool to trace around your body and then inverse the image to erase the outside of it. There are ton of videos online on YouTube so check it out there!

ClemmyGames

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Paint.Net is useful for image editing as well. Save the image of yourself in a separate layer for ease of use in future thumbnails

Axxtro

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you have an image from the video you would like to use, just print screen and paste it in to a photo editing software. Otherwise you can take an image of yourself and import that.
If you're using photoshop take the pen-tool and start clicking your way around the part you want cut out (make sure to end it by clicking on the point where you started). Then just right click > make selection > OK > ctrl+c > ctrl+v and you will have the cut out part in a new layer.

Can't link a tutorial but just youtube "cutout with pentool in photoshop" and you will find some. If you have any questions feel free to ask, i'll gladly help you out.

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I do is make the background transparent in an app I have, then send the pic to myself (I would use photoshop if I had it) and if you want to border around it just trace the picture with whatever color you want the border to be. You can save that and use photoshop (I use picmonkey) and and that to whatever to background of your thumbnail is.