How did you big youtubers grow?

OskarGvlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay so a lot of people give advice to small youtubers and it's all the same, use the right tags, be unique and have some quality in your content. But how did all you guys who have 10k + subscribers get there cause i know most people need to self promote to get the. What are the best ways to do it? Tell me your story on how you reached the 10k mark, I'm really interested in it because not a lot of youtubers tell us the truth.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends, but I see a lot of scam channels who aren't making worthwhile content, they're just playing YouTube's SEO game and making videos based on taking advantage of their algorithms. I don't respect that at all.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are 3 steps to go big on youtube apart from those whose videos go viral.
1) Structure your channel home page to receive new viewers
2) Optimize your videos for search( it works like magic if don right)
3) Look for new viewers and subscribers from other platform(social sites, Q&A sits, Reddit etc)
Hope that give you the picture better

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Okay so a lot of people give advice to small youtubers and it's all the same, use the right tags, be unique and have some quality in your content. But how did all you guys who have 10k + subscribers get there cause i know most people need to self promote to get the. What are the best ways to do it? Tell me your story on how you reached the 10k mark, I'm really interested in it because not a lot of youtubers tell us the truth.

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

I know small YouTubers don't like to hear this, but there is no secret formula to growing a channel that only the inner circle of "big youtubers" know about. Big YouTubers did all the things you mentioned but they did it better than the others. That's the key.

It really is a case of making excellent content (definition: better than 90% of the content already out there) about a topic that there is big demand for. It is also important to upload regularly, engage with the viewers via comments, polls, social media etc. Finally, I would say good SEO and meta data is essential.

Banner and logo aren't so important but good thumbnails are very important.

Good luck. :)

OskarGvlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thanks for the responses guys, I see what everyone of you mean. Gives me something to think about when working on my channel, thanks guys

Reactions: Crown

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What bigger channels don't share (but it is obvious...) is that they get targeted posts from well known sites in their niche. For example in photography you can check how many times e.g. dpreview boosts views in a technical or motivational (or whatever) video of various photo/videography related Youtube creators :) It is the "spread on forums" advice in larger scale I guess :p

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hope we can answer this in the future when we make it..but from our experience so far simple gratitude goes a long way. Don't ask (yet)..give more and you will be rewarded. It sounds so simple but 99% of people don't follow this. Karma. The truth is that most people don't care and when creators discover this as truth..they give up. So you have to get them to care. Long term ROI. Besides that and any strategy, we think the most important aspect is loving the process and taking action.

From a more technical aspect, it is smart to make content based on what people are searching for, esp. getting started..then build off that. Most big channels, some exceptions started other places can post w/e they want only after being discovered..

Last edited:
Reactions: OskarGvlogs

Jealous Lawn Care

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another thing which not many people mention is the fact that a lot of the big youtubers started like 10+ years ago when YT was not AS used...therefore they had little to no competition in the market, therefore they will get all the subs/views. Small YT'ers now are fighting for the scraps left behind the big YT'ers because they are now too big to care about the individual viewers (ie...don't reply to comments...etc).

Reactions: OskarGvlogs

OskarGvlogs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another thing which not many people mention is the fact that a lot of the big youtubers started like 10+ years ago when YT was not AS used...therefore they had little to no competition in the market, therefore they will get all the subs/views. Small YT'ers now are fighting for the scraps left behind the big YT'ers because they are now too big to care about the individual viewers (ie...don't reply to comments...etc).
Thats the most annoying thing is when Youtubers stop replying to people, I understand they can't reply to everyone but some don't bother at all